The St. Andrew Catholic School’s Taste of the Town 2014 event on Tuesday attracted thousands, according to a press release.
The event gave residents and visitors a chance to taste foods from more than 50 restaurants, that competed for titles in various categories.
• Best entree: First place: Sea Captain’s House- shrimp dip over fried green tomato; second place, Lulu’s Café – scallop slider;
third place, New York Prime – lobster risotto
• Best dessert: First place: Greg Norman’s Australian Grille – lemon blueberry cheescake; second place, Carolina Quench – mango peach quench; third: Coccadotts Cake Shop – drunken peach cobbler cupcake
• Best booth design (large booth): First place, Coccadotts Cake Shop; second place, Lil’ Tokyo; third place, Fiesta Mexicana
• Best booth design (small booth): First place, Lulu’s Donuts; second place, Bimini’s Oyster Bar & Seafood Cafe; third place, Crady’s Eclectic Cusine
• People’s choice (polled ages 13+): Favorite restaurant (entree), 21 Main; favorite restaurant (dessert), Coccadotts
• Kid’s choice (polled 12 & under): Favorite restaurant (entree), Jimmy’z Hibachi; favorite restaurant (dessert) Melting Pot