Fans of “Trailer Park: Welcome to Myrtle Manor” still have no answer for whether the show will get a third season, but they might still be able to head to the park to meet cast members and purchase souvenirs.
“We’re still on hold,” said Cecil Patrick, owner of Patrick’s Mobile Home Park on Highway 15, where the show is filmed. The second season finale aired March 20.
He said being in limbo has not slowed the amount of traffic at the park’s souvenir trailer at all, which has been open since April 2013.
“We’re doing about double of what we did last year,” Patrick said on Monday. “We had people from Ireland out here this weekend and they said this was one of their stops while they were in the country.”
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
City Council will consider a resolution Tuesday to extend the designation of the “Myrtle Manor Film District,” which allows the park to operate a souvenir shop.
Patrick said he feels confident they’ll get a third season.
“We were told last week that we will hear something in the next couple of weeks,” he said. “We don’t know what we’ll hear though. But we were told we’ll hear something.”
Representatives from TLC, the network that airs the show, declined to comment on the show’s status.