Many options for outings
This first Saturday of November is packed with choices for outings, many for free, unless otherwise noted:
• Community Yard Sale for American Legion Post 503 of Calabash, N.C., 8 a.m.-1 p.m. at Calabash Medical Center, 10081 Beach Drive (N.C. 179). 910-575-5037.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
• Fall Craft Fair, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. at Calabash Presbyterian Church. 8820 Old Georgetown Road, Sunset Beach, N.C. 910-287-5115.
• Village at Calabash Craft Fair, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. at Village at Calabash clubhouse, 1099 N. Clubview Lane. 910-579-3408.
• “Park Volunteer Day,” 9 a.m. at Myrtle Beach State Park Nature Center, on U.S. 17 Business. 238-0874 or www.myrtlebeachsp.com.
• Holiday Bazaar, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at Trinity United Methodist Church, 706 14th Ave S., North Myrtle Beach. 272-5236.
• Myrtle Beach Corvette Club show, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at Myrtle Beach Chevrolet Cadillac, 1785 U.S. 501, Myrtle Beach, at Grissom Parkway. 347-2019 or www.myrtlebeachcorvetteclub.com.
• “Bark For Life” walk with dogs, 10:30 a.m. at Vereen Gardens, on S.C. 179 in Little River, by C.B. Berry Community Center, $20. 249-4157 or www.relayforlife.org/barknmbsc.
• SwampFest, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at Playcard Environmental Education Center, 10729 Highway 19 W., Loris. 756-1277.
• Christmas Bazaar, Community Coat Drive and Barbecue, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at First United Methodist Church, 901 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach. 448-7164 or www.fumcmb.org.
• “Art in the Park,” 10 a.m.-4 p.m. (and Sunday) in Myrtle Beach’s Chapin Park, at Ocean Boulevard and 16th Avenue North. 448-7690 or www.artsyparksy.com.
• Community Health & Safety Day, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at Homewood Elementary School, 108 N. Clemson Circle, Conway. 369-6246.
• “Gift and Craft Show,” 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Sons of Italy, Myrtle Beach Lodge 2662, 7957 Moss Creek Road, Socastee. 421-6419 orwww.sonsofitalymb.com
• Myrtle Beach Car Club cruise-in, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at St. Angelo IV Pizza, 1500 U.S. 17 Business N., Surfside Beach. 215-3849 or 742-9802.
• Family Day for “Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead),” 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum, 3100 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach. 238-2510 or www.myrtlebeachartmuseum.org.
• Hanser House Charity Seafood Festival for Tidelands Community Hospice, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. at Hanser House Restaurant, 14360 Ocean Highway N. (U.S. 17), Litchfield Beach; $20 ages 13 and older, otherwise free. 235-3021.
• Arts Festival & Pauwau by Waccamaw Indian People, open 11 a.m. (and Sunday) at tribal grounds, 591 Bluewater Road, Aynor; $6 ages 15-59, $3 ages 7-14 and 60 and older, free ages 6 and younger and for veterans with veterans feather. 358-6877 or waccamawindians.us.
“Autumn Jazz Pizazz Fest,” noon-6 p.m. (rescheduled from Oct. 27) at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River; $8 ages 18-79, otherwise free; also, bring two canned/dry food items for relay to area food banks for $3 discount. 399-9463 or www.labelleamie.com.
• “Taste of Georgetown,” for Family Justice Center, 1-4 p.m. on Front Street and Francis Marion Park in downtown Georgetown. $1 food tickets with most samples costing 2-3 tickets. 546-3926 orwww.tasteofgeorgetownsc.com
• Fall Festival, 2-5 p.m. at KidZone Daycare, 3480 McCormick Road, off Burcale Road, just west of Myrtle Beach. 236-1230.
Hot Rod Promotions cruise-in, 2-5 p.m. at Joey Doggs, 1818 U.S. 17 Business N., near Surfside Beach and by Old Time Pottery. 503-8245.
• “Rock the Block,” 2-8 p.m. (rescheduled from Oct. 27) at The Grand Theatre, 301 U.S. 17 Business S., Surfside Beach. 808-9188 or www.thegrandtheatre.us.
• Fall 2012 Exhibition, Coastal Carolina University Student Artist Society, 5-10 p.m. at Cowork MYR, 601 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach; $5. www.coastal.edu/art/clubs.html and www.coworkmyr.com.
Umbrellas on display
The Agape Senior Foundation of Conway presents “Experience ... Life Blooms Eternally -- A Celebration of Life,” with a display of hundreds of floral umbrellas, for National Hospice Month. Details at 213-9440 or www.agapeseniorfoundation.org.
Details | 9 a.m.-6 p.m., with service afterward of lighting and release of sky lanterns (available for donations), at Horry-Georgetown Technical College Conway campus, on U.S. 501, east of S.C. 544, for free.
Book sales at two libraries
Two Horry County Memorial Library branches (or www.hcml.org) have book sales:
• Socastee, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at 101 707 Connector Road, near S.C. 707 and S.C. 544. 215-4700 or socasteelibrary.blogspot.com.
• Carolina Forest, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at 2250 Carolina Forest Blvd., east of U.S. 501. 915-5282.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows visit MyrtleBeach