Festival choices vary
Choose from many special events:
• Family Fun Day, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. at Brunswick Nature Park, on N.C. 133 in Winnevbow, N.C.; free. 910-790-4524, ext. 210, or www.coastallandtrust.org.
• “Flock This Way,” benefiting American Cancer Society, with “Flock Walk” 10 a.m. at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach (registration 9 a.m. for $25 ages 13 and older, $15 ages 12 and younger), and “Flock Party” afterward at Flying Fish Public Market & Grill. Also, Cruise to the Coast Classic Car Show, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. 272-8349 orwww.bflanding.com
, and www.relayforlife.org/nmbsc.
• Little River ShrimpFest, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. (and 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday) on Little River waterfront; $4 advance or $5 at gate ages 13 and older, free ages 12 and younger. 249-6604 or www.littleriverchamber.org/pages/ShrimpFest2012.
• Harvest Home Weekend Festival, 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (and Sunday) at Brookgreen Gardens, on U.S. 17 between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach. $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12. 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org
• “Zumba Party in Pink,” for breast cancer awareness, 9:30-11:30 a.m. at HealthPoint Center for Health and Fitness, on U.S. 17 in Litchfield Beach. $5 donation. 237-2205 orwww.georgetownhospitalsystem.org
• “Yippy Yappy Fundraising Sale” 10 a.m.-2 p.m. (rain date SundayOct. 14) by All 4 Paws rescue group, 67 Waverly Road, Pawleys Island. 506-2688 or www.all4pawssc.org,
• Fire Prevention Expo, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Myrtle Beach Fire Department Station 6, 970 38th Ave. N. 450-1699.
• Model Train Show & Sale, by Grand Strand Model Railroaders, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. (and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday) at Lakewood Camping Resort Conference Center, 5873 S. Kings Highway, south of Myrtle Beach; $5 ages 13 and older, otherwise free. 340-8787, 297-7162 or 293-4386.
• Seacoast Artists Guild “Art Day,” with artist demos 11 a.m.-3 p.m., during Fall Art Show and Sale continuing through Oct. 20 in center court of Inlet Square, at U.S. 17 Bypass and U.S. 17 Business in Murrells Inlet; free. 947-0668 andwww.seacoastartistguild.com
• Italian Festival, by Sons of Italy, Myrtle Beach Lodge 2662 of Socastee, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday (and Sunday), at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach, off 21st Avenue North; free. 902-7469, 421-6419 orwww.sonsofitalymb.com
• Cruise-in, noon-3 p.m. at Rosa Linda’s Cafe, 3415 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet, across from SBB; free. 503-8245.
• “Rock Back the Clock Music Festival,” noon-6 p.m., with concerts until 5 p.m. by Latitude and Tammy’s Tangent, at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River; $8 ages 18-79, otherwise free; also, bring two canned/dry food items for relay to area food banks for $3 discount. 399-9463 or www.labelleamie.com
• Oktoberfest Dinner, by Knights of Columbus Our Lady of the Rosary Council 9039, for breast cancer awareness, 6-7 p.m. at St. Brendan the Navigator Catholic Church, 5101 Ocean Highway W., Shallotte, N.C.; $15. 910-575-6059 or 910-842-9430.
• “Food for the Soul” culinary competition, benefiting Waccamaw Community Foundation, 6-10 p.m. at The Market Common in Myrtle Beach; $80 single or $150 couple. 357-4483 or www.waccamawcf.org.
• Halloween-themed ballroom dance, by Grand Strand USA Dance, Chapter 6024, 7-10 p.m. at Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane. $7 members, otherwise $10; wear costumes. 808-3397 orwww.usadancegrandstrand.org
• Pawleys Island Festival of Music & Art, “Legends of Motown” starring Horizon, 7 p.m. at Reserve Golf Club of Pawleys Island, for $25 or $35. 626-8911 or pawleysmusic.com.
‘Low Country Contrast’
The exhibit “Low Country Contrast” opens with a reception 2-4 p.m. With mixed media abstract and watercolor paintings by Vida Miller, original seaweed pressings by Christy Janes, and watercolors and pastels – mostly landscapes – by Lu Hook, the show continues through Nov 24. Details at 546-7423 or www.ricemuseum.org.
Details | 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays at The Rice Museum Prevost Gallery, 633 Front St., Georgetown.
McCoy in music feast
See Davin McCoy & the Coming Attractions in the next South by Southeast Music Feast, a monthly concert series benefits local school music programs. Email reservations to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org More details at 251-6402 and www.southbysoutheast.org.
Details | Pot-luck dinner at 6:30 p.m., concert at 7:30, at Myrtle Beach Train Depot, 851 Broadway St., for $20 members, otherwise $25, and $15 students younger than 21, which includes meal and beverages.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows visit MyrtleBeach