Check out state parks
Both area state parks are open every day of the year, including holidays, for walks, bicycling and nature and bird watching. Details at www.southcarolinaparks.com:
• Huntington Beach State Park, on U.S. 17 between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, across from Brookgreen Gardens; call 237-4440.
• Myrtle Beach State Park, on U.S. 17 Business, one mile south of Farrow Parkway/South Ocean Boulevard, across from Seagate Village; 238-5325.
Details | 6 a.m.-10 p.m. with same admission for each: $5 ages 16 and older, $3.25 S.C. seniors, $3 ages 6-15.
‘Chipwrecked’ for kids
Free children’s movies play Tuesdays-Thursdays through Aug. 16, next with “Chipwrecked.” Details at 282-0550 or www.marketcommoncinema.com.
Details | 10 a.m. at Grand 14 Cinema, at The Market Common in Myrtle Beach.
Slide into water park
All three local water parks are open at 10 a.m. on this holiday, and prices vary by site.
• Family Kingdom Water Park, across from Family Kingdom Amusement Park, 300 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach. 916-0400 orwww.familykingdomfun.com
• Myrtle Waves Water Park, at U.S. 17 Bypass and 10th Avenue North Extension. Details at 913-9260 or www.myrtlewaves.com.
• Wild Water & Wheels, 910 U.S. Business S., Surfside Beach. 238-3787 orwww.wild-water.com
Water slide in North Myrtle Beach
The city of North Myrtle Beach has inflated its giant Hippo water slide for a fourth straight summer. Details at 280-5674 or 798-1071.
Details | 11 a.m.-4 p.m. daily through Labor Day on the beach between First and Second avenues South; buy tickets at Ocean Park concession stand, at the First Avenue South street end: single ride $3, four single rides $10, daily pass $20, weeklong pass $60, individual season pass $65, and family-of-four season pass $185.
New show at Medieval Times
Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament has rolled out its revamped show, including new costumes, music and choreography. Details at 236-4635, 800-436-4386 or www.medievaltimes.com/myrtlebeach.aspx.
Details | 5:45 and 7:45 p.m. at 2904 Fantasy Way, close to U.S. 501 and George Bishop Parkway, just west of Myrtle Beach and the Intracoastal Waterway; general admission: $50.95 ages 13 and older, otherwise $30.95, and new-show special for a limited time: $39.95 and $24.95, respectively. Details | when, where and how much here as one sentence.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows visit MyrtleBeach