Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Georgetown Memorial Hospital, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.georgetownhospitalsystem.org.
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or visit www.ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS.
Chronic Disease Self-Management workshop | 1:30-4 p.m. every Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Begin the conversation clinic | 9-10 a.m. first Monday of each month, St. Michael’s Catholic Church, 542 Cypress Ave., Garden City Beach. 848-6496; email@example.com.
Create Your Weight program | 30-minute sessions offered from Thursday through April 30. Classes will meet at 5 p.m., first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital and noon second-floor training room, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. $75. 520-8288 to sign up.
Sports injury screenings for teens and children 8 years and older | 8-10 a.m. May 16, Georgetown NextStep Rehabilitation Services, 219 Church St. and April 18, Waccamaw Orthopaedics and Spine, 4040 U.S. 17 Bypass, Suite 101, Murrells Inlet. Free. 652-8160.
Handle with Care - Baby Care class | 6-8 p.m. Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Dietitian supermarket tours | 5 p.m. Wednesday, Lowes Food, Pawleys Island or March 31, Kroger, Garden City Beach. 520-8288 to register.
Prepared Childbirth class | 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital campus. $50. 520-8490 to register.
Friends and Family CPR | 6-8 p.m. March 26, Wachesaw Conference Center. $10 person or $20 couple. 520-8490 to register.
• Mended Hearts | noon, fourth Tuesday of each month, Health Point Center for Health & Fitness. 685-3378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Young stroke survivors between ages 20 and 65 | 11:30 a.m. third Wednesday of each month, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Hospital or 5:30 p.m. education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 655-2835 or www.YoungStroke.org.
• Survivors of Suicide-SOS | 6-8 p.m. first Wednesday of each month, meeting room, Inlet Square mall. 357-6848
• Parkinson’s | 7 p.m. second Thursday of each month, NHC Health Care, 9405 U.S. 17 Bypass, Garden City Beach. 357-2306
• Anytime Fitness partnered with insurance companies | 24-hour virtual classes with live-instructor classes. To find out if your insurance will pay for your gym membership, visit the club on Willbrook Boulevard, Pawleys Island, or visit www.anytimefitness.com.
• Recovering couples anonymous | 7-8:30 p.m. Thursdays, open share meeting and 8:30-9:30 p.m. alternate Thursdays, step study meeting, Inlet Oasis, 4450 U.S. 17 Bypass, Suite D-5, Murrells Inlet. 602-4380 or 602-3171
| 1-2:30 p.m. third Friday of each month, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1624
| 3:45 p.m. Wednesday, fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1415
| 10 a.m. March 25, Belin Memorial United Methodist Church, U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. 651-9711
| 3 p.m. March 25, fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1875
| 1:30 p.m. March 26, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1281 or 652-1638
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
• 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, Belin Memorial United Methodist Church, 4183 U.S.17 Business, Murrells Inlet
• 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, GHS Business and Medical Offices, 160 Willbrook Blvd., Pawleys Island
• 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Myrtle Beach Harley Davidson, 4710 S. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach
• 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. March 25, Healthfinders, 2000 Coastal Grand Circle #520, Myrtle Beach
• 2-7 p.m. March 26, St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, 65 Crooked Oak Drive, Pawleys Island
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 26, E. Craig Wall Building, Coastal Carolina Universtiy, U.S. 501 W., Conway
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 29, First Baptist Church, 204 U.S. 17 S., North Myrtle Beach
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. every Sunday, The Birthplace, Conway Medical Center, 300 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway. 347-8108
Swim lessons | Days and times vary. CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. 347-1515
Seminar: Neck and Back Pain and Relief Options | 6 p.m. Thursday, CMC Auditorium. Meal will be served. 347-8108
CX60 with Calvin | 9-10 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through March 25, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. $80 Members and $120 Community. 347-1515
Wakeup Call with Calvin |5:15-6 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through March 26, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. $80 Members and $120 Community. 347-1515
Siblings Against Violence | Have you, your family or someone you know been affected by a violent offense? Looking for guidance, contact S.A.V., P.O. Box 1062, Conway, SC 29528 or email@example.com.
Mobile health services | 7:30-9:30 a.m. Free screenings for blood pressure, finger stick full lipid panel to include: total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides and blood sugar. 347-8068 or 234-5019.
• Tuesday, Rick’s Bait and Tackle, 1609 Fourth Ave., Conway
• March 31, Dog Bluff Handy Mart, 1810 Jordanville Road, Galivants Ferry
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. second Tuesday of the month, Watson Funeral Services and Crematory, 2300 U.S. 378, Conway. 397-2500
• Al-Anon | 8 p.m. every Tuesday, 508 Beaty St., Conway. 248-5083
• Al-Anon | 6 p.m. Wednesdays, 6 p.m. Thursdays and 10 a.m. Saturdays, Serenity Hall, 2112 Oak St., Conway. 465-7416 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
| 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, CMC Auditorium. 234-6686
•A.W.A.K.E. Sleep Disorders
| 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, private dining room #2, Conway Medical Center. 234-5166
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $10 for cholesterol screening; $20 for lipid panel; $20 for A1c testing; blood pressure and weight screenings free. A 12-hour fast required for lipid profile. 692-4444
Heart health profiles | 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. 692-4444
BLS CPR-AED classes | First Aid; Babysitter and Family Care Giving classes and certifications offered weekly by appointment. All instructors are AHA/ARC certified. K-Loc Healthy Kids, Inc., 1435 Cannon Road, Myrtle Beach. Classes available in Georgetown and North Myrtle Beach. Registration required. 467-0068
Advanced Wound Center | 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, South Strand Medical Center, 5050 U.S. 17 Bypass, Myrtle Beach. 839-6000
Mercy Care offers grief program for adults | 3:30-5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Lower Cape Fear Hospice Mercy Care, 8216 Devon Court, Myrtle Beach. Free. 234-6271 to register.
Prime of Life Yoga | 11 a.m. to noon every Tuesday, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
Grief educational workshop | 3-4:30 p.m. Wednesdays, meeting room C, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to make a reservation.
Caregivers Need Care | 10-11 a.m. Friday, Heartland Hospice, The Founders Centre, 2400 N. Oak. St, Suite 108, Myrtle Beach. 444-0813
Hatha Yoga class | 10-11 a.m. every Friday, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444
Ask the Pharmacist | 2-4 p.m. every Friday, HealthFinders. Bring your medication for review. One-on-one consults with a registered pharmacist. 692-4444
Seminar: Chronic Sinusitis and Allergies | 6-7 p.m. Wednesday, HealthFinders. Free. 694-4444
Art Therapy class | 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444
Seminar: Low Testosterone | 6-7 p.m. March 23, HealthFinders. Free. 694-4444
Pre-Diabetes class | 4:30-5:30 p.m. March 24, HealthFinders. $10. 692-4444 to register.
Rape Crisis Center holds volunteer training class | 5:30-9 p.m. March 30, 31, April 1, 2. Fill out application at www.victimtosurvivor.org.
Stroke Risk Assessments | 3-5 p.m. March 31. HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444 for appointments.
• Rape Crisis Center | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 448-3180 or 448-7273
• National Safe Haven Alliance | Operates a 24-hour hotline that women in distress can use for anonymous assistance. 888-510-2229
• Unplanned pregnancy? | Free pregnancy testing, free counseling and support. Coastline Women’s Center. 488-9971
• Addiction counseling | Narconon. Call for free assessments or referrals, 877-413-3073 or www.narconon works.com.
• Nar-Anon family group | 7 p.m. every Sunday, Recovery Warehouse, 3116 Shetland Lane, Unit 34, Myrtle Beach. 233-9017
• Mended Hearts | 11:30 a.m. second Monday of each month, cafe’ A, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. 685-3378 or email@example.com
•Survivors of Suicide Loss
| 6-8 p.m. third Monday of each month, Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. 336-707-0022 or Lwhite42@sc.rr.com
• Inflammatory Bowel Disease | 6:30 p.m. third Friday of each month. 997-1671 for location.
| 1-3 p.m. second Saturday of each month, AA Health and Wellness Club, 4620 Dick Pond Road, Myrtle Beach. Free. Open to patients and their caregivers. 504-8063
| 3-4:30 p.m. first and third Tuesday of each month, meeting room C, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to make reservation.
| 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, conference room, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to register.
•Nami-Grand Strand: Connections
| 5:30-7 p.m. third Tuesday, Chapin Library, 400 14th Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. Free. 357-0068 or 312-203-3979. No meetings June, July and August.
| 6:45-8 p.m. fourth Tuesday, Surfside Methodist Church, 610 13th Ave. 734-6369, 234-1216 or 272-4052
| 5:30-7:30 p.m. Monday, HealthFinders. 692-4444
| 1:30-2:30 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444
| 6-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444
| 3-4 p.m. March 24, HealthFinders. 692-4444
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line. 716-7527 or www.loris health.org.
Sports Injury screenings | 9-11 a.m. every Wednesday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 360-213-362- or 281-3737 to schedule an appointment.
Fitness classes | Center for Health and Fitness. Free for members; $5 for guest of members; $8 non-members. 716-7111. Classes scheduled as follows:
• Zumba | 10 a.m. Mondays.
• Just Step | 6 p.m. Mondays and 5 p.m. Wednesdays.
Mall Walkers | 9 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, Myrtle Beach mall food court. Registration requested, 272-4040, ext. 110.
Coping Together, for anyone affected by cancer, including patients, caregivers, survivors and family members | 6-7 p.m. first Monday monthly, McLeod Seacoast Hospital, 4000 S.C. 9 E., Little River. 997-9023, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
AARP Smart Driver course | 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. March 28, McLeod Seacoast. 390-8327
• Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or just show up at the next meeting.
| 6 p.m. Monday, auxiliary room, McLeod Seacoast. 390-8327
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, the Center for Counseling and Wellness, 110 Ye Olde Kings Highway, North Myrtle Beach. 663-0770.
| 6-7 p.m. second Tuesday, Lakeside Baptist Church, 614 11th Ave. N., North Myrtle Beach. 357-0068 or 312-203-3979.
| 1-2 p.m. Wednesday McLeod Seacoast. 390-8327
| 2 p.m. third Wednesday of each month, parish hall, Our Lady Star of the Sea Church. 399-7029
| 10 a.m. March 27, McLeod Seacoast. 390-8327