Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Georgetown Memorial Hospital, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.georgetownhospitalsystem.org.
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or visit www.ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS.
Chronic Disease Self-Management workshop | 1:30-4 p.m. every Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
Obstetrics tour | 6 p.m. Monday, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 520-8490 to register.
Health Insurance Marketplace enrollment fair | Free sign-up assistance scheduled as follows. 800-726-8774 or visit www.healthcare.gov.
• 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 2, 9, 16, 30, lobby area, Waccamaw Community Hospital.
• 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 4, 11, 18, 29, lobby area, Georgetown Memorial Hospital.
Begin the Conversation clinic | 9-10 a.m. first Monday of each month, St. Michael’s Catholic Church, 542 Cypress Ave., Garden City Beach. 848-6496; email@example.com.
Learn how to shop healthy | 4 p.m. Dec. 2, Lowes Foods, 9160 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. Free. 520-8288 to register.
• Mended Hearts | noon, fourth Tuesday of each month, Health Point Center for Health & Fitness. 685-3378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Young stroke survivors between ages 20 and 65 | 11:30 a.m. third Wednesday of each month, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Hospital or 5:30 p.m. education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 655-2835 or www.YoungStroke.org.
• Survivors of Suicide-SOS | 6-8 p.m. first Wednesday of each month, meeting room, Inlet Square mall. 357-6848.
• Parkinson’s | 7 p.m. second Thursday of each month, NHC Health Care, 9405 U.S. 17 Bypass, Garden City Beach. 357-2306.
• Anytime Fitness partnered with insurance companies | 24-hour virtual classes with live-instructor classes. To find out if your insurance will pay for your gym membership, visit the club on Willbrook Boulevard, Pawleys Island, or visit www.anytimefitness.com.
| 6-7 p.m. Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center. 237-8787.
| 10 a.m. Wednesday, Belin Memorial United Methodist Church, U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. 651-9711.
| 3 p.m. Wednesday, fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1875.
•Recovering couples anonymous
| 7-8:30 p.m. Thursdays, open share meeting and 8:30-9:30 p.m. alternate Thursdays, step study meeting, Inlet Oasis, 4450 U.S. 17 Bypass, Suite D-5, Murrells Inlet. 602-4380 or 602-3171.
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
• 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, Belin United Methodist Church, 4183 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Chick-fil-A, 4400 U.S. 17, Murrells Inlet.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Recreation Building, 6001 S. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, Inlet Square mall, 10125 U.S. 17 Bypass S., Murrells Inlet.
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, The Harley Davidson Shop at the Beach, 4002 U.S. 17 S., North Myrtle Beach.
Donors invited to show Gamecock or Tiger pride by giving blood | 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Tuesday and Friday and noon to 6:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, Myrtle Beach Blood Donation Center, The Plaza at Carolina Forest, 3681 Renee Drive, Unit 4. 800-RED-CROSS, www.redcrossblood.org
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. every Sunday, The Birthplace, Conway Medical Center, 300 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway. 347-8108.
Swim lessons | Saturday sessions through Dec. 6. Times and days vary. Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. 347-1515.
Silver sneakers flex yoga for seniors | 8-8:45 a.m. Tuesday, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. Free. 347-1515.
CX60 with Calvin group training | 9-10 a.m. Monday and Wednesday, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. $80 members/$120 community. 347-1515.
Wakeup call with Calvin | 5:15-6 a.m. Monday and Wednesday, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. $80 members/$120 community. 347-1515.
Canine angels return to HGTC library | 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 3 and 1-4 p.m. Dec. 4, Conway and Grand Strand Horry Georgetown Technical college, and 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 4, Georgetown campus.
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. second Tuesday of the month, Watson Funeral Services and Crematory, 2300 U.S. 378, Conway. 397-2500.
• Al-Anon | 8 p.m. every Tuesday, 508 Beaty St., Conway. 248-5083.
• Conway Al-Anon | 6 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, Shoreline Behavior, 2404 Wise Road and 6 p.m. Thursdays and 10 a.m. Saturdays, 2118 Oak St., Serenity Hall. 465-7416 or email@example.com.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $7 for cholesterol screening; $20 for lipid panel; $20 for A1c testing; blood pressure and weight screenings free. A 12-hour fast required for lipid profile. 692-4444.
Ask the Pharmacist | 2-4 p.m. every Friday, HealthFinders. Bring your medication for review. One-on-one consults with a registered pharmacist. 692-4444.
Heart health profiles | 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
BLS CPR-AED classes | First Aid; Babysitter and Family Care Giving classes and certifications offered weekly by appointment. All instructors are AHA/ARC certified. K-Loc Healthy Kids, Inc., 1435 Cannon Road, Myrtle Beach. Classes available in Georgetown and North Myrtle Beach. Registration required. 467-0068.
Prime of Life Yoga | 11 a.m. to noon every Tuesday, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
Advanced Wound Center | 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, South Strand Medical Center, 5050 U.S. 17 Bypass, Myrtle Beach. 839-6000.
Grief educational workshop | 3-4:30 p.m. Wednesdays, meeting room C, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to make a reservation.
DivorceCare for Adults | 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, conference room, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to register.
Pre-Diabetes class | 4:30-5:30 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. $10. 692-4444.
Prepared Childbirth course | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 6, Grand Strand Medical Center. $50. 692-4444.
Infant Care | 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Dec.13, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444.
Breastfeeding | 1:30 -3:30 p.m. Dec. 13, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444.
Child car seat safety inspections | 3-6 p.m. Dec. 16, Kohl’s, S.C. 544, Myrtle Beach. Sponsored by Horry County Fire Rescue and Pee Dee Coastal Safe Kids.
Mercy Care hosts caregivers | 2-3 p.m. Dec. 16, Lower Cape Fear Hospice Mercy Care, 8216 Devon Court, Myrtle Beach. Free. 848-6496, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Rape Crisis Center | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 448-3180 or 448-7273.
• National Safe Haven Alliance | Operates a 24-hour hotline that women in distress can use for anonymous assistance. 888-510-2229.
• Unplanned pregnancy? | Free pregnancy testing, free counseling and support. Coastline Women’s Center. 488-9971.
• Addiction counseling | Narconon. Call for free assessments or referrals, 877-413-3073 or www.narconon works.com.
• Nar-Anon family group | 7 p.m. every Sunday, Recovery Warehouse, 3116 Shetland Lane, Unit 34, Myrtle Beach. 233-9017.
• Mended Hearts | 11:30 a.m. second Monday of each month, meeting room behind cafeteria, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. 685-3378 or rmkeilen@mercy hospice.org.
• Inflammatory Bowel Disease | 6:30 p.m. third Friday of each month. 997-1671 for location.
| 1-3 p.m. second Saturday of each month, AA Health and Wellness Club, 4620 Dick Pond Road, Myrtle Beach. Free. Open to patients and their caregivers. 504-8063.
| 3-4:30 p.m. first and third Tuesday of each month, meeting room C, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to make reservation.
| 3 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
| 6:45-8 p.m. fourth Tuesday, Surfside Methodist Church, 610 13th Ave. 734-6369, 234-1216 or 272-4052.
• The Mended Hearts | 11:30 a.m. Dec. 8, café rooms, Grand Strand Medical Center. 692-4444.
• Stroke | 2 p.m. Dec. 9, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
• Prostate | 6 p.m. Dec. 9, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
•La Leche breastfeeding
| 10:30 a.m. Dec. 15, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
| 5:30 p.m. Dec.15, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
| 1:30 p.m. Dec. 16, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
| 6 p.m. Dec. 16, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line. 716-7527 or www.loris health.org.
Injury Screenings | 8-11 a.m. every Wednesday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 360-213-362- or 281-3737 to schedule an appointment.
Fitness classes | Center for Health and Fitness. Free for members; $5 for guest of members; $8 non-members. 716-7111. Classes scheduled as follows:
• Zumba | 10 a.m. Mondays.
• Just Step | 6 p.m. Mondays and 5 p.m. Wednesdays.
Mall Walkers | 9 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, Myrtle Beach mall food court. Registration requested, 272-4040, ext. 110.
Coping Together, for anyone affected by cancer, including patients, caregivers, survivors and family members | 6-7 p.m. first Monday monthly, McLeod Seacoast Hospital, 4000 S.C. 9 E., Little River. 997-9023, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email email@example.com or just show up at the next meeting.
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, the Center for Counseling and Wellness, 110 Ye Olde Kings Highway, North Myrtle Beach. 663-0770.