Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Georgetown Memorial Hospital, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.georgetownhospitalsystem.org.
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or visit www.ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS.
Chronic Disease Self-Management workshop | 1:30-4 p.m. every Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Obstetrics tour | 6 p.m. Monday, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 520-8490 to register.
Handle with Care-Baby Care class | 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, Wachesaw Conference Center. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Nursing heroes special open house |11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, first- floor, Waccamaw Community Hospital.
Seminar: Obesity Surgery | 5 p.m. Thursday, Winyah Surgical Specialists, 14490 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. 545-8850 to register.
I Can Cope Education series | 5:30-7:30 p.m. Nov. 12, Waccamaw Community Hospital. Free. 652-1640 to register.
Heartsaver BLS-CPR | 6-10 p.m. Nov. 12, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 520-8490 to register.
Breastfeeding class | 6-8 p.m. Nov. 13, Wachesaw Conference Center. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Community Health BLS-CPR | 8 a.m. to noon Nov. 13, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital campus. $50. 520-8490 to register.
Regional health screenings | 7:30-10:30 a.m. Nov. 14, Precious Blood of Christ Catholic Church. 520-8579.
• Mended Hearts | noon fourth Tuesday of each month, Health Point Center for Health & Fitness. 685-3378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Young stroke survivors between ages 20 and 65 | 11:30 a.m. third Wednesday of each month, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Hospital or 5:30 p.m. education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 655-2835 or www.YoungStroke.org.
• Survivors of Suicide-SOS | 6-8 p.m. first Wednesday of each month, meeting room, Inlet Square mall. 357-6848.
• Parkinson’s | 7 p.m. second Thursday of each month, NHC Health Care, 9405 U.S. 17 Bypass, Garden City Beach. 357-2306.
• Anytime Fitness partnered with insurance companies | 24-hour virtual classes with live-instructor classes. To find out if your insurance will pay for your gym membership, visit the club on Willbrook Boulevard, Pawleys Island, or visit www.anytimefitness.com.
•The Dementia Caregiver’s
| noon to 1 p.m. Monday, Holy Cross Faith Memorial Church chapel, 85 Baskervill Drive, Pawleys Island.
| 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Winyah Surgical Specialists, 14490 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. 545-8850 to register.
| 4:30-5:30 p.m. Nov. 10, education center, the Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 520-8062,
| 10 a.m. Nov. 12 and 26, Belin Memorial United Methodist Church, U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. 651-9711.
| 3 p.m. Nov. 12 and 26, fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1875.
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
• 1-6 p.m. Monday, Little River United Methodist Church, 1629 U.S. 17, Little River.
• 7 a.m. to noon, Tuesday, Horry Telephone Cooperative, 3480 U.S. 701 N., Conway.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Aynor High School, 201 Jordanville Road.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 11, E. Craig Wall Building, Coastal Carolina University, U.S 501 W., Conway.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 12, Horry Georgetown Technical College, Grand Strand campus, 743 Hemlock Ave., Myrtle Beach.
• 1-6 p.m. Nov. 13, Surfside United Methodist Church, 800 13th Ave. N., Surfside Beach.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m Nov. 14, Wachesaw Conference Center, 4367 Riverwood Drive, Murrells Inlet.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 14, Waccamaw Community Hospital, 4070 U. S. 17 Bypass, Murrells Inlet.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. every Sunday, The Birthplace, Conway Medical Center, 300 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway. 347-8108.
Swim lessons | Weekday sessions through Nov. 20 and Saturday sessions through Dec. 6. Times and days vary. Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. 347-1515.
Breastfeeding class | 7-9 p.m. Tuesday, private dining room #2, Conway Medical Center. Free. 347-8108.
Seminar: Joint Replacement | Noon Nov. 11, Conway Medical Center auditorium . Free. Lunch will be served. 347-8108.
Seminar: Weight Loss Surgery | 6 p.m. Nov. 11, Conway Medical Center auditorium. 347-8108.
Childbirth class | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 15, Conway Medical Center. 347-8108
Land exercises for seniors | 10 a.m. Nov. 18, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. Free for members/$12 community. 347-1515.
Silver sneakers flex yoga | 10-10:45 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through Nov. 25, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. Free. 347-1515
CX60 with Calvin group training | 9-10 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through Nov. 26, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. $80 members/$120 community. 347-1515.
Wakeup call with Calvin | 5:15-6 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through Nov. 26, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. $80 members/$120 community. 347-1515.
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. second Tuesday of the month, Watson Funeral Services and Crematory, 2300 U.S. 378, Conway. 397-2500.
• Al-Anon | 8 p.m. every Tuesday, 508 Beaty St., Conway. 248-5083.
• Conway Al-Anon | 6 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, Shoreline Behavior, 2404 Wise Road and 6 p.m. Thursdays and 10 a.m. Saturdays, 2118 Oak St., Serenity Hall. 465-7416 or email@example.com.
| 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, CMC Outpatient Diagnostic Center, 801 Farrar Drive, Conway. 234-7309
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $7 for cholesterol screening; $20 for lipid panel; $20 for A1c testing; blood pressure and weight screenings free. A 12-hour fast required for lipid profile. 692-4444.
Ask the Pharmacist | 2-4 p.m. every Friday, HealthFinders. Bring your medication for review. One-on-one consults with a registered pharmacist. 692-4444.
Heart health profiles | 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
BLS CPR-AED classes | First Aid; Babysitter and Family Care Giving classes and certifications offered weekly by appointment. All instructors are AHA/ARC certified. K-Loc Healthy Kids, Inc., 1435 Cannon Road, Myrtle Beach. Classes available in Georgetown and North Myrtle Beach. Registration required. 467-0068.
Prime of Life Yoga | 11 a.m. to noon every Tuesday, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
Hatha Yoga class | 10-11 a.m. every Friday, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
Advanced Wound Center | 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, South Strand Medical Center, 5050 U.S. 17 Bypass, Myrtle Beach. 839-6000.
Seminar: Diabetic Neuropathy | 6-7 p.m. Monday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
Seminar: Is It Just a Headache or Something More? | 6-7 p.m. Wednesday,HealthFinders. 692-4444.
Grief educational workshop | 3-4:30 p.m. Wednesdays, meeting room C, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to make a reservation.
Infant Care | 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444.
Breastfeeding | 1:30-3:30 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444.
Caring Hearts Camp | 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, Pepper Geddings Recreation Center, 3205 Oak St., Myrtle Beach. Free camp for Horry and Georgetown children ages 6-12 who are experiencing the loss of a loved due to a terminal illness, divorce, abandonment, foster care placement or other traumatic life event. 444-0813.
AARP Smart Driver course | 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Nov. 10, HealthFinders. $20 ($15 for AARP members). 692-4444.
Sibling Preparation class for children ages 3-10 | 10 – 11:30 a.m. Nov. 15, Grand Strand Medical Center. Free. 692-4444.
Infant/Child CPR and First Aid | 1-4 p.m. Nov. 15, HealthFinders. $15. 692-4444.
Health Fair | 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 15, Myrtle Beach Mall, 10177 N. Kings Highway. Free fingerstick screenings, dental screenings, health information and more.
Free health insurance workshops | If you need assistance with enrollment in the health insurance marketplace, counselors from Little River Medical Center will at the following locations: 663-8090.
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 15, Myrtle Beach Mall, 10177 N Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach.
• 9:30 a.m. to noon Nov. 18, North Myrtle Beach Library, 910 First Ave. S.
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 20, Socastee Public Library, 141 707-Connector Road, Myrtle Beach
DivorceCare for Adults | 6:30-8:30 p.m. every Tuesday through Nov. 25, conference room, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to register.
Child car seat safety inspections | 3-6 p.m. Dec. 16, Kohl’s, S.C. 544, Myrtle Beach. Sponsored by Horry County Fire Rescue and Pee Dee Coastal Safe Kids.
• Rape Crisis Center | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 448-3180 or 448-7273.
• National Safe Haven Alliance | Operates a 24-hour hotline that women in distress can use for anonymous assistance. 888-510-2229.
• Unplanned pregnancy? | Free pregnancy testing, free counseling and support. Coastline Women’s Center. 488-9971
• Addiction counseling | Narconon. Call for free assessments or referrals, 877-413-3073 or www.narconon works.com.
• Nar-Anon family group | 7 p.m. every Sunday, Recovery Warehouse, 3116 Shetland Lane, Unit 34, Myrtle Beach. 233-9017.
• Mended Hearts | 11:30 a.m. second Monday of each month, meeting room behind cafeteria, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. 685-3378 or rmkeilen@mercy hospice.org.
• Inflammatory Bowel Disease | 6:30 p.m. third Friday of each month. 997-1671 for location.
| 1-3 p.m. second Saturday of each month, AA Health and Wellness Club, 4620 Dick Pond Road, Myrtle Beach. Free. Open to patients and their caregivers. 504-8063
| 3-4:30 p.m. first and third Tuesday of each month, meeting room C, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to make reservation.
•The Mended Hearts
| 11:30 a.m. Nov. 10, Grand Strand Medical Center café rooms. 692-4444.
| 2 p.m. Nov. 11, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
| 6 p.m. Nov. 12, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
• The La Leche Breastfeeding | 10:30 a.m. Nov. 17, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
• ARC | 5:30 p.m. Nov. 17, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
• Grief | 1:30 p.m. Nov. 18, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
• Thyroid Cancer | 6 p.m. Nov. 18, HealthFinders, 692-4444.
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line. 716-7527 or www.loris health.org.
Injury Screenings | 8-11 a.m. every Wednesday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 360-213-362- or 281-3737 to schedule an appointment.
Fitness classes | Center for Health and Fitness. Free for members; $5 for guest of members; $8 non-members. 716-7111. Classes scheduled as follows:
• Zumba | 10 a.m. Mondays
• Just Step | 6 p.m. Mondays and 5 p.m. Wednesdays
Mall Walkers | 9 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, Myrtle Beach mall food court. Registration requested, 272-4040, ext. 110.
• Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or just show up at the next meeting.
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, the Center for Counseling and Wellness, 110 Ye Olde Kings Highway, North Myrtle Beach. 663-0770.
| 2 p.m. third Wednesday of each month, parish hall, Our Lady Star of the Sea Church. 399-7029.