Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Georgetown Memorial Hospital, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.georgetownhospitalsystem.org.
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or visit www.ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS.
Chronic Disease Self-Management workshop | 1:30-4 p.m. every Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Sports Injury clinic | 8-10 a.m. Saturday, Waccamaw Orthopaedics, 4040 U.S. 17 Bypass, Suite 101, Murrells Inlet and at NextStep’s Georgetown Outpatient Therapy Center, 219 Church St. Free to area student athletes. 652-8160.
Sibling Preparation class | 6-7:30 p.m. Monday, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 520-8490 to register.
Obstetrics tour | 6 p.m. Tuesday, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 520-8490 to register.
Learn how to shop healthy | 4 p.m. Tuesday, Lowes Foods, 9160 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. 520-8288 to register.
Prepared Childbirth class | 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. $50. 520-8490 to register.
Obstetrics tour | 6 p.m. Nov. 3, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 520-8490 to register.
Handle with Care - Baby Care class | 6–8 p.m. Nov. 4, Wachesaw Conference Center. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Seminar: Obesity Surgery | 5 p.m. Nov. 6, Winyah Surgical Specialists, 14490 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. 545-8850 to register.
• Mended Hearts | noon fourth Tuesday of each month, Health Point Center for Health & Fitness. 685-3378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Young stroke survivors between ages 20 and 65 | 11:30 a.m. third Wednesday of each month, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Hospital or 5:30 p.m. education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 655-2835 or www.YoungStroke.org.
• Survivors of Suicide-SOS | 6-8 p.m. first Wednesday of each month, meeting room, Inlet Square mall. 357-6848.
• Parkinson’s | 7 p.m. second Thursday of each month, NHC Health Care, 9405 U.S. 17 Bypass, Garden City Beach. 357-2306.
• Anytime Fitness partnered with insurance companies | 24-hour virtual classes with live-instructor classes. To find out if your insurance will pay for your gym membership, visit the club on Willbrook Boulevard, Pawleys Island, or visit www.anytimefitness.com.
| 6-7 p.m. Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center. 237-8787.
•The Dementia Caregiver’s
| Noon to 1 p.m. Nov. 3, Holy Cross Faith Memorial Church chapel, 85 Baskervill Drive, Pawleys Island.
| 6:30 p.m. Nov. 6, Winyah Surgical Specialists, 14490 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. 545-8850 to register.
| 4:30-5:30 p.m. Nov. 10, education center, the Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 520-8062
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday, Horry Georgetown Technical College, 2050 U.S. 501 E., Conway.
• 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, St. Brendan Catholic Church, Shallotte, N.C. 910-579-5754.
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Pepper Geddings Recreation Center, 3205 N. Oak St., Myrtle Beach.
• 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, North Myrtle Beach Christian School, 9535 S.C. 90, Longs.
• 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday, South Strand Complex, 9630 Scipio Lane, Myrtle Beach.
• 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Shepherd of the Sea Lutheran Church, 2637 U.S. 17 S., Garden City Beach.
• 1-6 p.m. Nov. 3, Little River United Methodist Church, 1629 U.S. 17, Little River.
• 7 a.m. to noon, Nov. 4, Horry Telephone Cooperative, 3480 U.S. 701 N., Conway.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 5, Aynor High School, 201 Jordanville Road.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 11, E. Craig Wall Building, Coastal Carolina University, U.S 501 W., Conway.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. every Sunday, The Birthplace, Conway Medical Center, 300 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway. 347-8108.
CX60 with Calvin | 9-10 a.m. Monday and Wednesday, Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. $80 for members, $120 for community. 347-1515.
Wakeup Call with Calvin | 5:15-6 a.m. Monday and Wednesday, Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. $80 for members, $120 for community. 347-1515.
Tai Chi | 10-11 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday, Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. $80 for members, $120 for community. 347-1515.
Swim lessons | Saturday sessions through Nov. 8. Times vary. Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. 347-1515.
Lunch and Learn: Diabetes | Noon to 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, Conway Medical Center Wellness and Fitness Center. Free. Bring healthy dish to share. 347-1515.
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. second Tuesday of the month, Watson Funeral Services and Crematory, 2300 U.S. 378, Conway. 397-2500.
• Al-Anon | 8 p.m. every Tuesday, 508 Beaty St., Conway. 248-5083.
• Conway Al-Anon | 6 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, Shoreline Behavior, 2404 Wise Road and 6 p.m. Thursdays and 10 a.m. Saturdays, 2118 Oak St., Serenity Hall. 465-7416 or email@example.com.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $7 for cholesterol screening; $20 for lipid panel; $20 for A1c testing; blood pressure and weight screenings free. A 12-hour fast required for lipid profile. 692-4444.
Ask the Pharmacist | 2-4 p.m. every Friday, HealthFinders. Bring your medication for review. One-on-one consults with a registered pharmacist. 692-4444.
Heart Health Profiles | 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
BLS CPR-AED classes | First Aid; Babysitter and Family Care Giving classes and certifications offered weekly by appointment. All instructors are AHA/ARC certified. K-Loc Healthy Kids, Inc., 1435 Cannon Road, Myrtle Beach. Classes available in Georgetown and North Myrtle Beach. Registration required. 467-0068.
Prime of Life Yoga | 11 a.m. to noon every Tuesday, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
Hatha Yoga class | 10-11 a.m. every Friday, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
Advanced Wound Center | 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, South Strand Medical Center, 5050 U.S. 17 Bypass, Myrtle Beach. 839-6000.
Child car seat safety inspections | 3-6 p.m. Tuesday, and Dec. 16, Kohl’s, S.C. 544, Myrtle Beach. Sponsored by Horry County Fire Rescue and Pee Dee Coastal Safe Kids.
DivorceCare for Adults | 6:30-8:30 p.m. every Tuesday through Nov. 25, conference room, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to register.
Seminar: Overactive Bladder | 6-7 p.m. Monday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
Pre-Diabetes class | 4:30-5:30 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. $10. 69204444.
Stroke risk assessments for ages 25 and older | 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
Are You Stroke Savvy? | 6-7 p.m. Wednesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
SOS Autism Health Care open house | 4-6 p.m. Thursday, Making Change Consignment, 1106 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prepared Childbirth course | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Grand Strand Medical Center. $50. 692-4444.
Grief educational workshop | 3-4:30 p.m. Wednesdays beginning Nov. 5, meeting room C, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to make a reservation.
Infant Care | 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Nov. 8, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444.
Breastfeeding | 1:30-3:30 p.m. Nov. 8, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444.
Caring Hearts Camp | 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Nov. 8, Pepper Geddings Recreation Center, 3205 Oak St., Myrtle Beach. Free camp for Horry and Georgetown children ages 6-12 who are experiencing the loss of a loved due to a terminal illness, divorce, abandonment, foster care placement or other traumatic life event. 444-0813.
• Rape Crisis Center | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 448-3180 or 448-7273.
• National Safe Haven Alliance | operates a 24-hour hotline that women in distress can use for anonymous assistance. 888-510-2229.
• Unplanned pregnancy? | Free pregnancy testing, free counseling and support. Coastline Women’s Center. 488-9971
• Addiction counseling | Narconon. Call for free assessments or referrals, 877-413-3073 or www.narconon works.com.
• Nar-Anon family group | 7 p.m. every Sunday, Recovery Warehouse, 3116 Shetland Lane, Unit 34, Myrtle Beach. 233-9017.
• Mended Hearts | 11:30 a.m. second Monday of each month, meeting room behind cafeteria, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. 685-3378 or rmkeilen@mercy hospice.org.
• Inflammatory Bowel Disease | 6:30 p.m. third Friday of each month. 997-1671 for location.
| 1-3 p.m. second Saturday of each month, AA Health and Wellness Club, 4620 Dick Pond Road, Myrtle Beach. Free. Open to patients and their caregivers. 504-8063
| 3-4:30 p.m. first and third Tuesday of each month, meeting room C, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to make reservation.
•La Leche Breastfeeding
| 10:30 a.m. Monday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
| 3 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
•The Mended Hearts
| 11:30 a.m. Nov. 10, Grand Strand Medical Center café rooms. 692-4444.
| 2 p.m. Nov. 11, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
| 6 p.m. Nov. 12, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line. 716-7527 or www.loris health.org.
Injury Screenings | 8-11 a.m. every Wednesday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 360-213-362- or 281-3737 to schedule an appointment.
Fitness classes | Center for Health and Fitness. Free for members; $5 for guest of members; $8 non-members. 716-7111. Classes scheduled as follows:
• Zumba | 10 a.m. Mondays
• Just Step | 6 p.m. Mondays and 5 p.m. Wednesdays
Mall Walkers | 9 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, Myrtle Beach mall food court. Registration requested, 272-4040, ext. 110.
Lunch and Learn: Breast Cancer | Noon, Thursday, auxiliary room, suite 265, McLeod Seacoast. 390-8327 to register.
• Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email email@example.com or just show up at the next meeting.
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, the Center for Counseling and Wellness, 110 Ye Olde Kings Highway, North Myrtle Beach. 663-0770.
| 2 p.m. third Wednesday of each month, parish hall, Our Lady Star of the Sea Church. 399-7029.
| 10 a.m. Friday, McLeod Seacoast Cafe. 390-8326.