Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Georgetown Memorial Hospital, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.georgetownhospitalsystem.org.
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or visit www.ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS.
Chronic Disease Self-Management workshop | 1:30-4 p.m. every Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Better Choices, Better Health series | 1:30-3:30 p.m. Tuesday, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 520-8490 to register.
Sports Injury clinic | 8-10 a.m. every Saturday through Nov. 1, Waccamaw Orthopaedics, 4040 U.S. 17 Bypass, Suite 101, Murrells Inlet and at NextStep’s Georgetown Outpatient Therapy Center, 219 Church St. Free to area student athletes. 652-8160.
Handle with Care - Baby Care class | 6-8 p.m. Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center. Free. 520-8490.
Heartsaver BLS-CPR | 6-10 p.m. Wednesday, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. $30. 520-8490.
Community Health BLS-CPR | 8 a.m. to noon, Thursday, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. $50. 520-8490.
Handle with Care | 9-11 a.m. Saturday, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. Free. 520-8490.
Breastfeeding class | noon to 2 p.m. Saturday, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. Free. 520-8490.
Sibling Preparation class | 3-4:30 p.m. Saturday, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Better Choices, Better Health series | 1-3:30 p.m. Sept. 22, 29, Oct. 6, 13 and 20, Wachesaw Conference Center. 520-8490 to register.
Friends and Family CPR | 6-8 p.m. Sept. 25, Wachesaw Conference Center. $20 per couple or $10 for individual. 520-8490 to register.
Obstetrics tour | 6 p.m. Sept. 29, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 520-8490.
• Mended Hearts | noon fourth Tuesday of each month, Health Point Center for Health & Fitness. 685-3378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Young stroke survivors between ages 20 and 65 | 11:30 a.m. third Wednesday of each month, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Hospital or 5:30 p.m. education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 655-2835 or www.YoungStroke.org.
• Survivors of Suicide-SOS | 6-8 p.m. first Wednesday of each month, meeting room, Inlet Square mall. 357-6848.
• Parkinson’s | 7 p.m. second Thursday of each month, NHC Health Care, 9405 U.S. 17 Bypass, Garden City Beach. 357-2306.
• Anytime Fitness partnered with insurance companies | 24-hour virtual classes with live-instructor classes. To find out if your insurance will pay for your gym membership, visit the club on Willbrook Boulevard, Pawleys Island, or visit www.anytimefitness.com.
| 3:45 p.m. Wednesday, fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1415.
| 10 a.m. Sept. 24, Belin Memorial United Methodist Church, U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. 651-9711.
| 3 p.m. Sept. 24, fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1875.
| 1:30 p.m. Sept. 25, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1281 or 652-1638.
| 6-7 p.m. Sept. 29, Wachesaw Conference Center. 237-8787.
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
• 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, HealthFinders, Coastal Grand Mall. 692-4444.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. every Sunday, The Birthplace, Conway Medical Center, 300 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway. 347-8108.
Swim lessons | Weekday sessions through Sept. 25, times and days vary. CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. 347-1515.
Prostate screenings | 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, and Sept. 25, Atlantic Urology Clinics, 394 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway. $20 includes digital exam and PSA laboratory blood test. 347-2450.
Childbirth class | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sept. 27, Conway Medical Center. 347-8108.
Mobile Health services | Free blood pressure screenings at these locations. 347-8068 or 234-5019.
• 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Aynor Hoe Down
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. second Tuesday of the month, Watson Funeral Services and Crematory, 2300 U.S. 378, Conway. 397-2500.
• Al-Anon | 8 p.m. every Tuesday, 508 Beaty St., Conway. 248-5083.
• Conway Al-Anon | 6 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, Shoreline Behavior, 2404 Wise Road and 6 p.m. Thursdays and 10 a.m. Saturdays, 2118 Oak St., Serenity Hall. 465-7416 or email@example.com.
•A.W.A.K.E. Sleep Disorders
| 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, private dining room #2, Conway Medical Center. 234-5166.
| 6 p.m. Sept. 22, nursing classroom, CMC Wound Care Center. 347-8013.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $7 for cholesterol screening; $20 for lipid panel; $20 for A1c testing; blood pressure and weight screenings free. A 12-hour fast required for lipid profile. 692-4444.
Ask the Pharmacist | 2-4 p.m. every Friday, HealthFinders. Bring your medication for review. One-on-one consults with a registered pharmacist. 692-4444.
Heart Health Profiles | 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
BLS CPR-AED classes | First Aid; Babysitter and Family Care Giving classes and certifications offered weekly by appointment. All instructors are AHA/ARC certified. K-Loc Healthy Kids, Inc., 1435 Cannon Road, Myrtle Beach. Classes available in Georgetown and North Myrtle Beach. Registration required. 467-0068.
Prime of Life Yoga | 11 a.m.-noon every Tuesday, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
Hatha Yoga class | 10-11 a.m. every Friday, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
Advanced Wound Center | 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, South Strand Medical Center, 5050 U.S. 17 Bypass, Myrtle Beach. 839-6000.
Child car seat safety inspections | 3-6 p.m. Oct. 28 and Dec. 16, Kohl’s, S.C. 544, Myrtle Beach. Sponsored by Horry County Fire Rescue and Pee Dee Coastal Safe Kids.
DivorceCare for Adults | 6:30-8:30 p.m. every Tuesday through Nov. 25, conference room, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to register.
Seminar: Walking Away from Bunions and Hammertoes | 6-7 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
Infant/Child CPR and First Aid | 1-4 p.m. Saturday, Grand Strand Medical Center. $15. 692-4444 to register.
Sibling Preparation class for children ages 3-10 | 10-11:30 a.m. Saturday, Grand Strand Medical Center. Free. 692-4444.
Prostate screenings for men ages 40 and older | 6-7:30 p.m. Screenings will be held by appointment only on Sept. 22, Carolina Health Specialists, Socastee; Sept. 23, Atlantic Urology Clinics, Myrtle Beach; and Sept. 24 at Grand Strand Senior Health, Little River. 692-4444 to schedule an appointment.
Pre-Diabetes class | 4:30-5:30 p.m. Sept. 23, HealthFinders. $10. 692-4444 to register.
Art Therapy class | 10 a.m. to noon, Sept. 24, HealthFinders. Adults only. 692-4444 to register.
Volunteer training class | 5:30-9 p.m. Sept. 29, 30 and Oct. 1, 2, Rape Crisis Center. 448-3180 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Rape Crisis Center | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 448-3180 or 448-7273.
• National Safe Haven Alliance | operates a 24-hour hotline that women in distress can use for anonymous assistance. 888-510-2229.
• Unplanned pregnancy? | Free pregnancy testing, free counseling and support. Coastline Women’s Center. 488-9971
• Addiction counseling | Narconon. Call for free assessments or referrals, 877-413-3073 or www.narconon works.com.
• Nar-Anon family group | 7 p.m. every Sunday, Recovery Warehouse, 3116 Shetland Lane, Unit 34, Myrtle Beach. 233-9017.
• Mended Hearts | 11:30 a.m. second Monday of each month, meeting room behind cafeteria, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. 685-3378 or rmkeilen@mercy hospice.org.
• Inflammatory Bowel Disease | 6:30 p.m. third Friday of each month. 997-1671 for location.
| 1-3 p.m. second Saturday of each month, AA Health and Wellness Club, 4620 Dick Pond Road, Myrtle Beach. Free. Open to patients and their caregivers. 504-8063
| 3-4:30 p.m. first and third Tuesday of each month, meeting room C, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to make reservation.
| 5:30-7:30 p.m. Monday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
| 1:30-2:30 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
| 6-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
•La Leche Breastfeeding
| 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sept. 22, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
| 3-4 p.m. Sept. 23, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
| 10:30 a.m. Sept. 27, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
Mall Walkers | 9 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, Myrtle Beach mall food court. Registration requested, 272-4040, ext. 110.
• Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email email@example.com or just show up at the next meeting.
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, the Center for Counseling and Wellness, 110 Ye Olde Kings Highway, North Myrtle Beach. 663-0770.
| 2 p.m. third Wednesday of each month, parish hall, Our Lady Star of the Sea Church. 399-7029.