Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Georgetown Memorial Hospital, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.georgetownhospitalsystem.org.
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or visit online at www.ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS.
Chronic Disease Self-Management workshop | 1:30-4 p.m. every Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Better Choices, Better Health Six Day series | 1-3:30 p.m. Mondays through June 30, Wachesaw Conference Center. 520-8490 to register.
Safe Sitter program for boys and girls 11-13 years old | 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Thursday and Friday, and July 17, 18, Wachesaw Conference Center and June 25, 26, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. $50. 520-8490 or register online.
Sibling Preparation class | 6-7:30 p.m. June 23, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 520-8490.
Obstetrics tour | 6 p.m. June 24, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 520-8490.
Friends and Family CPR | 6-8 p.m. June 26, Wachesaw Conference Center. $20 per couple, $10 for individual. 520-8490 to register.
• Mended Hearts | noon fourth Tuesday of each month, Health Point Center for Health & Fitness. 685-3378 or email@example.com.
• Young stroke survivors between ages 20 and 65 | 11:30 a.m. third Wednesday of each month, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Hospital or 5:30 p.m. education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 655-2835 or www.YoungStroke.org.
• Survivors of Suicide-SOS | 6-8 p.m. first Wednesday of each month, meeting room, Inlet Square mall. 357-6848.
• Parkinson’s | 7 p.m. second Thursday of each month, NHC Health Care, 9405 U.S. 17 Bypass, Garden City Beach. 357-2306.
• Anytime Fitness partnered with insurance companies | 24-hour virtual classes with live-instructor classes. To find out if your insurance will pay for your gym membership, visit the club on Willbrook Boulevard, Pawleys Island, or visit www.anytimefitness.com.
| 3:45 p.m. Wednesday, fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1415.
| 6-7 p.m. June 23, Wachesaw Conference Center. 237-8787.
| 10 a.m. June 25, Belin Memorial United Methodist Church, U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. 651-9711.
| 3 p.m. June 25, fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1875.
| 1:30 p.m. June 26, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1281 or 652-1638.
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
• 1:30-6 p.m. Monday, Wal-Mart, 550 U.S. 17 N., North Myrtle Beach. 796-1965.
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Coastal Carolina University, U.S. 501 W., Conway. 347-3161.
• 1-6 p.m. Tuesday, First Baptist Church, 219 Cleland St., Georgetown. 546-5187.
• 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Horry County Complex, 1201 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. 915-5293.
• 2-7 p.m. Wednesday, Conway Parks, Recreation and Tourism, 1515 Mill Pond Road. 248-1740.
• 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday, WBTW News 13, 2000 Coastal Grand Circle #520, Myrtle Beach. 294-8385.
• 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, Chick-fil-A, 1613 Church St., Conway. 488-0042.
• 2-7 p.m. Saturday, Pelicans Ballpark, 1251 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. 918-6022.
• 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, St. Andrew Catholic Church, 3501 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach. 424-0676.
• 2-7 p.m. June 23, Socastee United Methodist Church, 5575 Dick Pond Road, Myrtle Beach. 651-3373.
• 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 24, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, 809 82nd Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 692-1572.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. every Sunday, The Birthplace, Conway Medical Center, 300 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway. 347-8108.
Wakeup call with Calvin | 5:15-6 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through June 25, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. $80 members; $120 non-member. 347-1515.
Introductory massage special | all of June CMC Wellness and Fitness Center offers therapeutic massages for $39 for 45 minutes. 347-1515 to book an appointment.
Swim lessons | times, days and classes vary. CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. 347-1515.
AARP Smart Driver | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Conway Medical Center. 347-8108.
Safe Sitter course for ages 11-13 | 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. $50. 234-5019.
Seminar: Joint Replacement | Noon Wednesday, CMC Auditorium. Free. Lunch served. 347-8108.
Childbirth class | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 28, Conway Medical Center. 347-8108.
Mobile Health services | Free screenings include blood pressure, finger stick full lipid panel; total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides and blood sugar. 347-8068 or 234-5019.
• 7:30-9:30 a.m. Wednesday, Fisherman’s Headquarters, 3414 U.S. 701, Conway.
• 7:30-9:30 a.m. Thursday, P&D Pawn Shop, 2273 S.C. 544, Conway.
• 9-11 a.m. Friday, Cherry Hill Missionary Baptist Church, 504 Church St., Conway.
• 7:30-9:30 a.m. June 24, Bobbie’s Beauty, 3419 Cates Bay Highway, Conway.
• 7:30-9:30 a.m. June 25, Crop Production Services, 3255 Valley Forge Road, Aynor.
• 7:30-9:30 a.m. June 26, Juniper Bay Baptist Church, 5265 Juniper Bay Road, Conway.
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. second Tuesday of the month, Watson Funeral Services and Crematory, 2300 U.S. 378, Conway. 397-2500.
• Al-Anon | 8 p.m. every Tuesday, 508 Beaty St., Conway. 248-5083.
• Conway Al-Anon | 6 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, Shoreline Behavior, 2404 Wise Road and 6 p.m. Thursdays and 10 a.m. Saturdays, 2118 Oak St., Serenity Hall. 465-7416 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
•A.W.A.K.E. Sleep Disorders
| 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, CMC Sleep Disorders Center. 234-5166.
| 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, CMC Auditorium. 234-6686.
| 6 p.m. June 23, Conway Medical Center. 347-8013.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $7 for cholesterol screening; $20 for lipid panel; $20 for A1c testing; blood pressure and weight screenings free. A 12-hour fast required for lipid profile. 692-4444.
Ask the Pharmacist | 2-4 p.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. Bring your medication for review. One-on-one consults with a registered pharmacist. 692-4444.
Heart Health Profiles | 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
BLS CPR-AED classes | First Aid; Babysitter and Family Care Giving classes and certifications offered weekly by appointment. All instructors are AHA/ARC certified. K-Loc Healthy Kids, Inc., 1435 Cannon Road, Myrtle Beach. Classes available in Georgetown and North Myrtle Beach. Registration required. 467-0068.
Prime of Life Yoga | 11 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
Hatha Yoga class | 10-11 a.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
Advanced Wound Center | 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, South Strand Medical Center, 5050 U.S. 17 Bypass, Myrtle Beach. 839-6000.
Sibling Preparation class for ages 3-10 | 10-11:30 a.m. Saturday, Grand Strand Medical Center. Free. 692-4444.
Infant/Child CPR and First Aid | 1-4 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $15. 692-4444.
Safe Sitter Babysitting class for ages 11-13 | 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 30, July 24, Aug. 6, HealthFinders and June 18 and July 29, YMCA. $35 includes materials and book bag. 692-4444 to register.
• Rape Crisis Center | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 448-3180 or 448-7273.
• National Safe Haven Alliance | operates a 24-hour hotline that women in distress can use for anonymous assistance. 888-510-2229.
• Unplanned pregnancy? | Free pregnancy testing, free counseling and support. Coastline Women’s Center. 488-9971
• Addiction counseling | Narconon. Call for free assessments or referrals, 877-413-3073 or www.narcononworks.com.
• Nar-Anon family group | 7 p.m. Sundays, Recovery Warehouse, 3116 Shetland Lane, unit 34, Myrtle Beach. 233-9017.
• Mended Hearts | 11:30 a.m. second Monday of each month, meeting room behind cafeteria, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. 685-3378 or email@example.com.
• Inflammatory Bowel Disease | 6:30 p.m. third Friday of every month. 997-1671 for location.
| 5:30 p.m. Monday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
| 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
| 6 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
•La Leche Breastfeeding
| 10:30 a.m. June 23, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
| 3 p.m. June 24, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
| 10:30 a.m. June 28, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line. 716-7527 or www.lorishealth.org.
Injury screenings | 8-11 a.m. every Wednesday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 360-213-3620 or 281-3737 to schedule an appointment.
Fitness classes | Center for Health and Fitness. Free for members; $5 for guest of members; $8 non-members. 716-7111. Classes scheduled as follows:
Zumba | 10 a.m. Monday
Just Step | 6 p.m. Monday and 5 p.m. Wednesday
Safe Sitter course for students ages 11-13 | 8:30 a.m. June 27, conference room, North Myrtle Beach Complex. $35; includes lunch, bag, manual and certification card. 390-8326.
• Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or just show up at the next meeting.
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, the Center for Counseling and Wellness, 110 Ye Olde Kings Highway, North Myrtle Beach. 663-0770.
• Multiple Sclerosis | 6 p.m. second Tuesday of each month, Center for Health and Fitness. 390-8326.
• Parkinson’s | 2 p.m. third Wednesday of each month, parish hall, Our Lady Star of the Sea Church. 399-7029.
• Ostomy | 2 p.m. first Sunday of each month, McLeod Seacoast Cafe. 390-8326.
• Fibromyalgia/Arthritis | 11 a.m. first Wednesday of each month, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 390-8326.
• Diabetes | 10 a.m. June 27, McLeod Seacoast cafe’. 390-8326