Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Georgetown Memorial Hospital, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.georgetownhospitalsystem.org.
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or visit online at www.ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS.
Chronic Disease Self-Management workshop | 1:30-4 p.m. every Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Create Your Weight program | 5:30 p.m. Thursdays through May 29, Waccamaw Community Hospital. $75. 520-8288 to register.
Better Choices, Better Health Six Day series | 1-3:30 p.m. Mondays through June 30, Wachesaw Conference Center. 520-8490 to register.
Seminar: Treatment for hip and knee arthritis | noon Wednesday, Wachesaw Conference Center. Lunch provided. 520-7842 to make reservation.
Seminar: Obesity Surgery | 5 p.m. Thursday, Winyah Surgical Specialists, 14490 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. 545-8850 to register.
Prepared Childbirth class | 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. $50. 520-8490 to register.
Handle with Care - Baby Care class | 6-8 p.m. June 10, Wachesaw Conference Center. Free. 520-8490.
Heartsaver BLS-CPR | 6-10 p.m. June 11, Wachesaw Conference Center. $30. 520-8490.
I Can Cope Education series | 5:30-7:30 p.m. June 11, Waccamaw Community Hospital. Free. 652-1640.
Dietitian supermarket tours | 5 p.m. June 12, BI-LO, 4430 U.S. 17, Murrells Inlet. Free. 520-8288 to register.
Community Health BLS - CPR | 8 a.m. to noon June 12, Wachesaw Conference Center. $50. 520-8490.
Safe Sitter program for boys and girls 11-13 years old | 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. June 19, 20 and July 17, 18, Wachesaw Conference Center and June 25, 26, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. $50. 520-8490 or register online.
• Mended Heart | noon fourth Tuesday of each month, Health Point Center for Health & Fitness. 685-3378 or email@example.com.
• Young stroke survivors between ages 20 and 65 | 11:30 a.m. third Wednesday of each month, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Hospital or 5:30 p.m. education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 655-2835 or www.YoungStroke.org.
• Survivors of Suicide-SOS | 6-8 p.m. first Wednesday of each month, meeting room, Inlet Square mall. 357-6848.
• Parkinson’s | 7 p.m. second Thursday of each month, NHC Health Care, 9405 U.S. 17 Bypass, Garden City Beach. 357-2306.
• Anytime Fitness partnered with insurance companies | They offer 24-hour virtual classes with live-instructor classes. To find out if your insurance will pay for your gym membership, visit the club on Willbrook Boulevard, Pawleys Island or visit www.anytimefitness.com.
| 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Winyah Surgical Specialists, 14490 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. 545-8850.
| 4:30-5:30 p.m. June 9, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 520-8062.
| 10 a.m. June 11 and 25, Belin Memorial United Methodist Church, U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. 651-9711.
| 3 p.m. June 11 and 25, fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1875.
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
• noon to 6 p.m. Tuesday, King of Glory Lutheran Church, 805 11th Ave. N., North Myrtle Beach. 704-301-3250
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Burroughs and Chapin Company, 4898 U.S. 17 S., North Myrtle Beach. 848-4407.
• 2-7 p.m. Thursday, St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, 65 Crooked Oak Drive, Pawleys Island. 237-2795.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, Georgetown Memorial Hospital, 606 Black River Road, Georgetown. 527-7173.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Inlet Square mall, 10125 U.S. 17 Bypass S., Murrells Inlet. 651-6990.
• 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. June 9, Holy Cross Faith Memorial Episcopal Church, 85 Baskervill Drive, Pawleys Island. 237-3459.
• 11 a.m. to 4 p.m June 10, South Strand Complex, 9630 Scipio Lane, Myrtle Beach. 455-5543.
• 1-6 p.m. June 10, Georgetown Presbyterian Church, 558 Black River Road, Georgetown. 439-0877.
• 3-8 p.m. June 11, Miller-Motte Technical College, 2451 U.S. 501 E., Conway. 591-1133.
• 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. June 12, Georgetown Hospital System Business and Medical Offices, 160 Willbrook Blvd., Pawleys Island. 652-8200.
• 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 13, Families of Highway Fatalities, 2101 N. Oak St., Myrtle Beach. 896-8171.
• 6-11 a.m. June 13, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, 809 82nd Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 692-1572.
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 14, Wal-Mart, 2709-A Church St., Conway. 365-0303.
• Noon to 5 p.m. June 15, Ryan’s Steakhouse, 3607 U.S. 17 S., North Myrtle Beach. 489-1233.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. every Sunday, The Birthplace, Conway Medical Center, 300 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway. 347-8108.
Breastfeeding class | 7-9 p.m. Tuesday, private dining room #2, Conway Medical Center. Free. 347-8108.
Wakeup call with Calvin | 5:15-6 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through June 25, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. $80 members; $120 non-member. 347-1515.
Introductory massage special | all of June CMC Wellness and Fitness Center offers therapeutic massages for $39 for 45 minutes. 347-1515 to book an appointment.
Swim lessons | times, days and classes vary. CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. 347-1515.
Heartsaver CPR AED | 1 p.m. Thursday, Conway Medical Center. $45. 234-5019.
AARP Smart Driver | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 17, Conway Medical Center. 347-8108.
Seminar: Joint Replacement | Noon June 18, CMC Auditorium. Free. Lunch served. 347-8108.
Mobile Health services | 7:30-9:30 a.m. Free screenings include blood pressure, finger stick full lipid panel; total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides and blood sugar. 347-8068 or 234-5019.
• Monday, Dollar General, 2899 Lee’s Landing Circle, Conway
• Wednesday, First United Methodist Church, 904 65th Ave. N., Myrtle Beach
• Friday, Ocean Fish Market, 302 Kingston St., Conway
• June 10, Lance’s Exxon, 10088 S.C. 707, Myrtle Beach
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. second Tuesday of the month, Watson Funeral Services and Crematory, 2300 U.S. 378, Conway. 397-2500.
• Al-Anon | 8 p.m. every Tuesday, 508 Beaty St., Conway. 248-5083.
• Conway Al-Anon | 6 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, Shoreline Behavior, 2404 Wise Road and 6 p.m. Thursdays and 10 a.m. Saturdays, 2118 Oak St., Serenity Hall. 465-7416 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
| 5:30 p.m. June 10, CMC Outpatient Diagnostic Center, 801 Farrar Drive. 234-7309.
•A.W.A.K.E. Sleep Disorders
| 5:30 p.m June 17, CMC Sleep Disorders Center. 234-5166.
| 6:30 p.m. June 17, CMC Auditorium. 234-6686.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $7 for cholesterol screening; $20 for lipid panel; $20 for A1c testing; blood pressure and weight screenings free. A 12-hour fast required for lipid profile. 692-4444.
Ask the Pharmacist | 2-4 p.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. Bring your medication for review. One-on-one consults with a registered pharmacist. 692-4444.
Heart Health Profiles | 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
BLS CPR-AED classes | First Aid; Babysitter and Family Care Giving classes and certifications offered weekly by appointment. All instructors are AHA/ARC certified. K-Loc Healthy Kids, Inc., 1435 Cannon Road, Myrtle Beach. Classes available in Georgetown and North Myrtle Beach. Registration required. 467-0068.
Prime of Life Yoga | 11 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
Hatha Yoga class | 10-11 a.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
Advanced Wound Center | 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, South Strand Medical Center, 5050 U.S. 17 Bypass, Myrtle Beach. 839-6000.
Blood pressure screenings for stroke awareness month |10 – 11 a.m. weekdays during May, main lobby, Grand Strand Medical Center. Free. 692-4444.
Prepared Childbirth course | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Grand Strand Medical Center. $50. 692-4444 to register.
Camp Air Waves | 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 10-13, HealthFinders. The day camp is $25; includes meals, field trips and activities. For children, ages 7-11 with asthma and diabetes. 839-9933.
Infant Care | 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. June 14, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444.
Breastfeeding class | 1:30-3:30 p.m. June 14, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444.
Sibling Preparation class for ages 3-10 | 10-11:30 a.m. June 21, Grand Strand Medical Center. Free. 692-4444.
Infant/Child CPR and First Aid | 1-4 p.m. June 21, HealthFinders. $15. 692-4444.
Safe Sitter Babysitting class for ages 11-13 | 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 30, July 24, Aug. 6, HealthFinders and June 18 and July 29, YMCA. $35 includes materials and book bag. 692-4444 to register.
• Rape Crisis Center | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 448-3180 or 448-7273.
• National Safe Haven Alliance | operates a 24-hour hotline that women in distress can use for anonymous assistance. 888-510-2229.
• Unplanned pregnancy? | Free pregnancy testing, free counseling and support. Coastline Women’s Center. 488-9971
• Addiction counseling | Narconon. Call for free assessments or referrals, 877-413-3073 or www.narcononworks.com.
• Nar-Anon family group | 7 p.m. Sundays, Recovery Warehouse, 3116 Shetland Lane, unit 34, Myrtle Beach. 233-9017.
• Mended Hearts | 11:30 a.m. second Monday of each month, meeting room behind cafeteria, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. 685-3378 or email@example.com.
• Inflammatory Bowel Disease | 6:30 p.m. third Friday of every month. 997-1671 for location.
| 5:30 p.m. June 16, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
| 1:30 p.m. June 17, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
| 6 p.m. June 17, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line. 716-7527 or www.lorishealth.org.
Injury screenings | 8-11 a.m. every Wednesday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 360-213-3620 or 281-3737 to schedule an appointment.
Fitness classes | Center for Health and Fitness. Free for members; $5 for guest of members; $8 non-members. 716-7111. Classes scheduled as follows:
Zumba | 10 a.m. Monday
Just Step | 6 p.m. Monday and 5 p.m. Wednesday
Mall Walkers | 9 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, Myrtle Beach mall food court. Registration requested, 272-4040, ext. 110.
Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or just show up at the next meeting.
Grief | 10:30 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, the Center for Counseling and Wellness, 110 Ye Olde Kings Highway, North Myrtle Beach. 663-0770.
Multiple Sclerosis | 6 p.m. second Tuesday of each month, Center for Health and Fitness. 390-8326.
Parkinson’s | 2 p.m. third Wednesday of each month, parish hall, Our Lady Star of the Sea Church. 399-7029.
Ostomy | 2 p.m. first Sunday of each month, McLeod Seacoast Cafe. 390-8326.
Fibromyalgia/Arthritis | 11 a.m. first Wednesday of each month, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 390-8326.