Sometimes it is the unseen that can make an impact on your home. Fragrance is a silent yet powerful element that can influence the atmosphere and experience the moment someone sets foot inside your space. Here are 7 tips to keep in mind for incorporating fragrance into your home.
1. Consider natural elements such as lemons and limes, which automatically add a powerful fragrance.
2. Use blooms, even in the winter. Adding fresh florals can be a welcomed fragrant addition to nearly any space.
3. Burn a fire. Whether you have a fireplace or wood stove, the scent of a fresh fire can help add a winter element as well as an inviting sense of warmth.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
4. Add accents such as diffusers and candles. They can help incorporate a continuous scent within a home.
5. Look for alternatives to unnatural elements such as plug-ins. Often these elements introduce an artificial fragrance into the home, which can be unappealing.
6. Infuse essential oils into your space either by using pure liquid sprinkled on key surfaces or using a diffuser.
7. Try using fresh herbs and flowering plants such as sage, lavender and mint. Fresh and fragrant, they will automatically bring an inviting scent.
Cathy Hobbs, based in New York City, is an Emmy Award-winning television host and a nationally known interior design and home staging expert with offices in New York City, Boston and Washington, D.C. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com> or visit her website at www.cathyhobbs.com <http://www.cathyhobbs.com>.