Restaurants can sign up to participate in the fifth annual f.l.a.v.o.r. culinary tasting event, set for April 14 from 4 to 7:30 p.m. at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center, Exhibit Hall B, 2101 N. Oak St., Myrtle Beach.
The event is free and open to the public. Proceeds help award scholarships to culinary students at Horry-Georgetown Technical College’s Culinary Institute.
A restaurant booth fee is $150, with Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce members receiving a $20 discount. The fee includes:
• A 10-foot-by-20 foot piped and draped booth space with two 8-foot skirted tables and two chairs.
• Free registration for bringing on one new restaurant for those businesses that have previously participated.
• Receiving $0.50 for every food ticket collected at their booth.
• 50 complimentary food and beverage tickets.
• A link included on the MyrtleBeachEventInfo.com website.
• The opportunity to have food samples judged in the “Best Flavor,” “Best Booth” and “People’s Choice” awards, with each winner receiving $200.
• Excellent exposure for participating restaurants, as the event attracted more than 5,000 attendees in 2014.
• Strategic local and regional event marketing, including TV, radio, print and online.
Electricity also will be available for purchase based on the number of amps required. This is payable to the convention center.