Halloween is fast approaching, so I had no trouble scaring up a list of ghostly happenings to keep the little ones busy for the next few weeks. Adults, fear not. My list includes some ghoulish fun for you, too:
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
• The "It’s The Great Pumpkin" Halloween event begins today at Bass Pro Shops and runs through Oct. 31. This event includes kids’ activities, a scavenger hunt, crafts, a costume parade, photos and more. All activities are free. Go to http://www.basspro.com/ for the schedule.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
• On Saturday, The Market Common is holding its annual Wine Festival from 11 a.m.-7 p.m. in Valor Park. Admission is free. You’ll need a sampling glass to sample the wine ($5). Samples cost between $1 and $6 each. There will also be live music, and food and beer for purchase.
• Hunting Beach State Park is holding a Haunted Halloween event at the Atalaya castle from 6-9:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Tickets are $10 for adults; 7 for kids ages 6-15; and free for kids 5 and under. Park admission is included in the ticket price. This event includes two haunted house attractions, carnival games, kids’ crafts, spooky cartoons, s’mores, a bonfire, storytelling and more.
• The “Celebrity Square of Terror,” an adult Halloween party, will take place at Broadway at the Beach on Saturday, beginning at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free. Wear a Halloween costume and you’ll also get free entry into the clubs. There will be a DJ in Celebrity Square and a costume contest with prizes.
• Howl-O-Scream, a Halloween party for people of all ages, will be held at McLean Park in North Myrtle Beach on Saturday from 5-8 p.m. Admission is free. This event includes hayrides, pumpkin painting, marshmallow roasting, trick-or-treating and more.
• On Saturday at noon, Barefoot Landing is holding a Halloween Family Fun day. Admission is free. This event includes costume contests for kids and pets, prizes, free carousel rides, kids’ karaoke, a petting zoo, face painting, and more.
• The restaurants on the Murrells Inlet Marsh Walk are throwing an adults- only Halloween party starting at 7 p.m. Admission is free. This event includes live music, food and drinks for purchase, and a costume contest with prizes.
• If you’re looking for a safe place to take the kids trick-or-treating, here are some options: Broadway at the Beach (4:30-6:30 p.m.), The Market Common (6-7 p.m.), the Murrells Inlet Marsh Walk (5-6 p.m.) or Barefoot Landing (5-7 p.m.).