The fall festival season is in full swing in Myrtle Beach, so there are plenty of free and cheap events to choose from over the next two weeks. Here’s the list:
• The Oceanfront Merchant’s Association is holding its annual Oktoberfest from noon-11p.m. on Ocean Boulevard in downtown Myrtle Beach. Admission is free. This event includes live music, beer and wine for purchase, food vendors, a Bratwurst eating contest, a kids’ zone, street performers and fireworks.
• The City of Conway is holding its annual Fall Festival from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. in downtown Conway (Third Avenue and Laurel Street). Admission is free. This event includes live entertainment, a classic car show, arts and crafts, a kids’ play zone, a farmers market, food vendors, and more.
• The annual Surfside Beach Family Festival will take place on Surfside Drive from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Admission is free. This event includes live music, inflatables, kids’ activities, and food and craft vendors.
• St. Andrew Catholic Church is holding its 29th Annual Taste of the Town from 4-10 p.m. at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center. Admission is $5 in advance; $6 at the door. Parking is $3. Local restaurants will be serving up appetizers, entrées, and desserts. Sampling tickets are $1 each. You’ll need more than one for each sample.
• The Seacoast Fall Art Show & Sale opens today at Inlet Square Mall (adjacent to the Center Court) and continues through Oct. 20. Hours are 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday through Saturday and noon-6 p.m. on Sunday. Admission is free.
• The Little River Chamber of Commerce is holding its annual Shrimp & Jazz Festival on Oct. 13-14on the historic waterfront in Little River. Admission is $4 in advance; $5 at the gate. Kids 12 and under get in free. This event includes live music, food and craft vendors, a shrimp & grits cook-off, and kids’ activities. The festival runs from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. on Saturday and from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on Sunday.
• The 13th Annual Lip-Rippin’ Chilympics Chili Cook-Off to benefit the Surfrider Foundation will take place on Sunday from noon-6 p.m. at Spuds Waterfront Dining/Crazy Sister Marina in Murrells Inlet. Admission is free. Bring a non-perishable food item for South Strand Helping Hand. This event includes live music, vendors, kids’ activities, and chili sampling. Sampling tickets are $1 each. You’ll need more than one for each sample.