Grateful Dead fans, take note. There’s a party this weekend that you won’t want to miss. If you’re not a fan, that’s OK, too. There are plenty of free (or cheap) events along the Grand Strand over the next few weeks to satisfy people of all tastes:
Saturday and Sunday
• Inlet Square Mall is hosting a KidFest from noon-3 p.m. on Saturday. Admission is free. This event includes a fashion show, kids’ games, prizes, refreshments, music, and more.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• On Sunday, The Boathouse at 201 Fantasy Harbour Boulevard is hosting JerryFest (a commemoration of the life and death of Jerry Garcia of The Grateful Dead). Admission is free. This is an all-day music festival. JGB is headlining.
• If you need a little help with school supplies, Horry Telephone Cooperative will be giving them away free (while supplies last) to families in need at each branch office beginning at 8 a.m. (10 a.m. at the HTC store at the Coastal Grand mall). Among the items they’ll be giving away are pencils, rulers, erasers, pencil bags and notebooks.
• The Children’s Museum of South Carolina at 2501 N. Kings Highway is holding a Fun Family Community Night on Friday from 5-7 p.m. Admission is free. Kids will receive a passport to travel around the world, play games, and complete activities to win prizes.
• As part of its 2012 Fall Hunting Classic, Bass Pro Shops at 10177 N. Kings Highway is holding a Next Generation Weekend on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from noon-5 p.m. Admission is free. This event includes kids’ crafts, giveaways, free youth seminars (archery and airsoft shooting basics), free airsoft target shooting, a free paintball cage, and free photos. Go tohttp://www.basspro.com/
for the schedule.
• La Belle Amie Vineyard at 1120 St. Joseph Road in Little River is hosting a “Whole Lotta Shakin’ Oldies Music Fest” from noon-5 p.m. on Saturday. Admission is $8, but if you bring three canned goods to be donated to local food banks, they’ll give you a $3 discount on admission. The festival includes live music, wine tasting, a gift shop, food and drink vendors, and a vineyard tour.