We’ve got a great mix of events going on in Myrtle Beach over the next two weeks for people of all ages. Here’s the list:
Saturday and Sunday
• Michaels at 504 Seaboard St. is holding somefree make-it-and-take-it craft events
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
for kids ages 3 and up from 1-4 p.m. on Saturday. These craft events are part of their
where kids will be exploring other countries. This week’s country is India. The kids will be making a foam lotus flower and a snake and coil pot.
• All Lowe’s Home Improvement locations are putting on a free Build and Grow workshop for kids at 10 a.m. on Saturday and again at 2 p.m. on Sunday. The kids will be building Kung Fu Panda Stacking Friends. Call your local store to register your child.
• Every Sunday this summer, Docksider’s Grille at 2051 Bridgeview Court in North Myrtle Beach has free music on the patio starting at around 3 p.m.
• Show up at Myrtle Waves between the hours of 6 and 10 p.m. on Wednesdays through Aug. 15, and your tickets will only cost you $10 each. There will also be free parking (after 5 p.m.), live music, $1 hot dogs, and $2 beer specials.
• The City of North Myrtle Beach is holding a free concert from 6:30-8:30 p.m. on Main Street in North Myrtle Beach. The Stranger (a Billy Joel/Elton John tribute band) will be performing.
• On Thursday nights from 5-8 p.m. through Aug. 30, Myrtle Beach mall will be hosting a free Family Fun Night in their Food Court. The Family Fun Night includes free face painting, balloon art, craft activities, kids’ meal deals, two-for-one train rides and more.
• The Craftsmen’s Classic Art & Craft Festival will take place at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Admission is $8 for adults; $1 for kids ages 6-12; free for kids under 6. You can save $2 on adult tickets if you buy them online at http://www.gilmoreshows.com/craftsmens_classics_myrtle_summer.shtml by Aug. 2. The show includes hundreds of art and craft exhibitors and artist demonstrations. It runs from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and 11 a.m.-5 p.m. on Sunday.
• All Home Depot locations are holding a free kids’ workshop from 9 a.m.-noon on Saturday. Kids ages 5-12 will get to build a cork bulletin board.