My last column was almost all about the kids. So this time, I’m going to focus on some adult activities (although there are still a few in here that are for kids, or are at least kid-friendly).
Here’s what’s going on in Myrtle Beach over the next two weeks:
Saturday and Sunday
• All summer long, the Garden City Pier will have live music nightly under the rain shelter. Admission is free. There’s also cash bar at the end of the pier if you want to buy drinks. The bands play from 8 p.m. to midnight.
• On Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Inlet Square mall is hosting an F-Body Beach Bash Car Show. Admission is free. This is an all GM show.
• All Lowe’s Home Improvement locations are putting on a free Build and Grow workshop for kids at 10 a.m. on Saturday and again at 2 p.m. on Sunday. The kids will be building a spinning Kung Fu Panda. Call your local store to register your child.
• On Sunday, Pottery Barn at The Market Common is holding a free decorating class on “How to Add Color to Your Home.” The class starts at 10:30 a.m. Registration is preferred by calling 238-0361.
• Every Wednesday for a limited time, Myrtle Beach Speedway is holding a Wheels of Destruction Thrill Show. Admission is $15 for adults; $6 for kids. This event includes stunt driving, car crashes, car jumps, car racing, motorcycle stunts, school bus racing, fireworks and more. The gates open at 5 p.m. The show starts at 7 p.m.
• The House of Blues at 4640 U.S. 17 S. in North Myrtle Beach is hosting a Brews-a-Palooza (beer fest) on their deck from 5 to 11:30 p.m. Admission is $5, which includes a free sampling glass. This event includes live music, free appetizers (5 to 6 p.m.) and beer sampling. The sampling tickets are $1 each. You’ll need more than one for each beer.
• Williams-Sonoma at The Market Common is hosting a free Cooking Technique Class at 2 p.m. on Sunday. This week’s class is “DIY Canning: Tomato Sauce and Salsa.”