Myrtle Beach is gearing up for the Fourth of July holiday with live music, free ice cream, a boat parade, and of course fireworks. Here’s what’s happening over the next two weeks:
• Every Friday through Aug. 31 from 6-9 p.m., The Market Common will be hosting “Music in the Streets.” This free concert series features different musicians each week who will be playing in the gazebos in front of Victoria’s Secret and P.F. Chang’s. There will also be free carriage rides.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Saturday and Sunday
• Bass Pro Shops at 10177 N. Kings Highway is holding a Family Summer Camp on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays from 1-5 p.m. through July 15. Admission is free. This event includes craft activities, workshops, a catch and release pond, a s’mores cookout, a free family photo, and other free activities.
• Broadway at the Beach is beginning its Fourth of July festivities on Sunday and continuing through July 7. Events will include free concerts, free entertainment, street performers and fireworks. Go to www.broadwayatthebeach.com/eventscalendar.aspx for the schedule.
• All summer long, Grand 14 Cinema at The Market Common will be showing free kids’ movies on Tuesday, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at 10 a.m. You can also buy popcorn and drinks for $1 each. This week’s movie is “Alvin Chipwrecked.”
• If you’re looking for a Fourth of July celebration, the town of Surfside Beach will be holding one from 6-10 p.m. in the pier parking lot. Admission is free. There will be live entertainment by Garth and Friends, giveaways, free ice cream, food and drink for purchase, and a fireworks display. You might want to bring a chair.
• For a different type of Fourth of July celebration, try the Murrells Inlet July 4th Boat Parade, which starts at 9 a.m. at Garden City Point and follows the Murrells Inlet shoreline to the Hot Fish Club. The best place to watch the parade is from the Marshwalk. This event is free.
• During the summer of 2012, Broadway at the Beach is hosting “Summer Party in the Street,” a free summer concert series that starts at 7:30 p.m. in Celebrity Square. The band for Saturday night is East Bound. You can view the entire schedule at http://www.myrtlebeachonthecheap.com/?p=5060.