Summer is beginning to kick in to gear, which means that many of the free and cheap events that will take place over the next two weeks in Myrtle Beach will continue throughout the summer.
Here’s the list:
• The House of Blues at 4640 U.S. 17 S. in North Myrtle Beach is holding a free concert on their deck featuring Long Reef. The concert starts at 8 p.m. They’ll have Happy Hour specials from 4-7: p.m.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
Saturday and Sunday
• The Myrtle Beach Hot Summer Nights downtown concert series begins this Saturday in Plyler Park (next to the SkyWheel). Admission is free. The concerts will take place every Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday night from 8-11 p.m. through Sept. 29. You might want to bring a chair.
• If you’d like to sample some of the foods from the restaurants at The Market Common, you can do so on Saturday from 3-7 p.m. at their Taste of The Market Common event in Valor Park. Admission is $5. You’ll also need to buy sampling tickets ($1 each) to try the food.
In addition to the food samples, there will be live bluegrass music, culinary demonstrations by professional chefs, an outdoor furniture display and decorating tips from Pottery Barn, and beer and wine for purchase.
• On Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday nights through June 29, the Bryan Dangerous Comedy Show will take the stage at Heroes Harbor (next to Margaritaville) at Broadway at the Beach. Admission is free. The show starts at 9 p.m.
• Every Monday through Sept. 23 from 7-10 p.m., the Oceanfront Merchants Association will be putting on a free kids’ carnival in Plyler Park (next to the SkyWheel). The carnival will include an inflatable slide, bounce houses, face painting, stilt walkers, street entertainers, a concert by the students of Dino Capone’s School of Rock, and more.
• Every Wednesday through Aug. 29, The Boathouse at 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd. is hosting an “After Work Network” with STAR 92.1 They’ll have live music, prize giveaways, drink specials and free (light) appetizers. The party runs from 5-8 p.m. Admission is free.
• The city of North Myrtle Beach will be showing the movie “Puss in Boots” in McLean Park at 93 Oak Drive (off of Ocean Drive). Admission is free. The movie will start 15 minutes after sunset. There will be popcorn and drinks available for purchase. Bring a blanket or a chair.
• La Belle Amie Vineyard at 1120 St. Joseph Road in Little River is hosting a “First Blush of Summer Fest” from noon-5 p.m. on Saturday. Admission is $8, but if you bring three canned goods to be donated to local food banks, they’ll give you a $3 discount on admission.
The festival includes live music, wine tasting, a gift shop, food and drink vendors, and a vineyard tour.
• All Lowe’s Home Improvement locations are putting on a free Build and Grow workshop for kids at 10 a.m. on Saturday and again at 2 p.m. on Sunday. The kids will be building a monkey-powered plane. Call your local store to register your child.
• On Sunday, Pottery Barn at The Market Common is holding a free class on Backyard Entertaining. The class starts at 10:30 a.m. Registration is preferred. Call 238-0361.