Latest News

Natural gas leak reported at Myrtle Beach restaurant

A natural gas leak was reported today at a Myrtle Beach restaurant, according to Myrtle Beach Fire Rescue officials.

Emergency officials were called at 11:30 a.m. today to Captain D’s restaurant located at 1204 S. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach fire Battalion Chief Bruce Arnel said. Contractors working on the building dislodged the line and caused the leak.

Myrtle Beach firefighters and crews with SCE&G were at the scene and shut off the gas going to the building, Arnel said.

Emergency crews blocked off a section around the restaurant while they worked to secure the broken line and shut off the gas in that area.

  Comments