Latest News

Myrtle Beach firefighters battling blaze likely ignited by propane grill blast

The entrance to Poinsett Road in Myrtle Beach has been blocked from North Kings Highway while firefighters battle a fire at a home on that street.

Dan Cimini, assistant chief for Myrtle Beach Fire Department said preliminary indications are that the fire began when a propane tank on a grill exploded.

He said the home at 401 Poinsett Road was occupied at the time of the blast and fire, but no one was injured.

The fire was reported around 4:45 p.m. Cimini said firefighters have not completed their investigation, but it appears explosion sent flames shooting to the roof or the home and ignited the blaze.

Additional details are not immediately available.

  Comments