Latest News

Fire extinguished at Ocean Boulevard resort in Myrtle Beach

Myrtle Beach firefighters have extinguished a late-night fire at Compass Cove Resort on South Ocean Boulevard.

Firefighters said no one was injured, but several guests were forced to evacuate briefly. The fire, which occurred around 10 p.m., began in a trash chute area at the hotel and apparently was caused by a lit cigarette, according to Lt. Sean Collins of Myrtle Beach Fire Department.

Collins said firefighters removed the trash bin, and managed to put the fire out within about 15 minutes.

He said hotel guests were allowed to return to their rooms after about 20 minutes. The hotel's sprinklers activated to help control the fire, but he said no rooms were damaged.

  Comments