Horry County officials are awaiting toxicology results in the investigation into the death of a Longs man, who may have been poisoned, authorities said.
Michael Chubka, 45, died Saturday after authorities were told he ingested a pesticide, Horry County Coroner Robert Edge said.
An autopsy was performed on Chubka, but officials are awaiting toxicology results before making a ruling on his death, Edge said.
An Horry County police report showed that EMS was called at noon on Saturday to 245 Silverbelle Blvd., in Longs for Chubka, who was having some kind of medical problem.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
The man was taken to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center where he later died and hospital officials told police Chubka’s death appeared suspicious, according to the report.