The award-winning Marina Inn at Grande Dunes is one of the crowning components of a 2,200-acre Grande Dunes dynasty that spans from oceanfront to the west - beyond the Intracoastal Waterway.
Embracing the only Intracoastal marina in Myrtle Beach city limits, it stands as an icon of luxury both nationally (recognized as a AAA four-diamond rated property) and locally (2008 Myrtle Beach Chamber Ice Award for Outstanding Service and the 2007, 2008 and 2009 Gold Tee Award by Meetings & Conventions Magazine for providing outstanding service).
"Guest feedback is often: 'We didn't know this type of hotel existed in Myrtle Beach' or 'This hotel is as good or better than the Ritz Carltons that we have stayed in,'" says Pamela Shelley, director of sales and marketing.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
The Marina Inn's lavish playground includes a lengthy list of highlights and activities:
• Waterway-view outdoor pool and hot tubs, plus an indoor pool with two swim-in-place stations.
• 130-slip marina that offers boat and jet-ski rentals
• Fitness center with sauna, plus the tennis club with lighted HarTru tennis courts that are ranked as a USA League Tennis Outstanding Facility
• 24-hour business center with work stations, high-speed and wireless Internet access (available anywhere on premise), printer and faxing capabilities
• In-room spa services
• Access to the property's Resort Club and Members Club golf courses that wind along the Intracoastal Waterway
• Private beach access, with umbrella, towel and food and beverage service, plus free bicycle rentals
• Waterfront dining available in a variety of atmospheres: the swanky, fine dining WaterScapes for breakfast, lunch or dinner; the more relaxed Reflections tapas bar off the main lobby; the fun and lively Anchor Café, serving up sandwiches and burgers at the end of the marina docks; and the Beach Cabana (Oceanside via shuttle service).
A slew of family-friendly activities are available to guests, including: fitness, water fitness, bocce ball, croquet, beach soccer or kickball, poolside bingo, trivia, arts and crafts, and free Family Movie Night on the Grande lawn from 8-10 p.m. Saturdays
Spacious rooms basking in comfy-classy European-Mediterranean style and rich earth tones is the Marina Inn's high standard, embellished with separate showers, dual vanities, plush terry robes, 300 thread count imported cotton bed linens and duvet covers, CD and DVD players, and concierge and housekeeping services, including evening turndown service).
• Grande Guest Room: 450-square-feet, with one king or two queen beds
• Studio: 470-square-feet, wet bar with sink, mini-fridge and microwave, and one king or two queen beds
• Mediterranean Club Suite: More than 680-square-feet with a private terrace, one bedroom with king bed, sitting area and full kitchen
• Two- and Three-Bedroom Suite: More than 1,800-square-feet with terrace, living room area with fireplace, dining room, full kitchen, two (or three) full baths and washer/dryer
• Four-Bedroom Suite: Two-level penthouse more than 3,300-square-feet with rotunda terrace, two lower-level guest bedrooms (each with one king bed) and one upper level master bedroom (one king) and guest bedroom (one king), living room, dining room, full kitchen, four full baths and washer/dryer
A summer special package knocked the regular guest room rate of $229/night to $160/night - plus children eat free - through Sept. 9; two-bedroom suites are $213/night (normally $294). Book 21 days in advance (two-night minimum) and receive 30 percent discount on all room types.
The Marina Inn at Grande Dunes is at 8121 Amalfi Place, Myrtle Beach. For reservations, call 866-437-4113 or visit www.marinainnatgrandedunes.com.