▪ While Broadway at the Beach continues to undergo major changes, a few smaller additions have snuck their way in to the mix. A number of already existing stores also intend to spruce up their looks in time for summer to add even more freshness to this changing tourist attraction. Some of the updated eateries and food stores include Pepper Palace, both locations of The Fudgery, and the popular Fat Tuesday.
Changes big and small are going to continue for Broadway with upcoming additions like MyCup, Extreme Pizza, and the anticipated American Tap House planning to open as the season marches on. Stick with The Surge to find out when they open!
▪ Near the Ron Jon Surf Shop, Kilwins just recently opened its doors to provide a new selection of homemade ice cream and sweets for visitors. This confectioners company is well known and loved for their chocolate, so guests with a sweet tooth can also expect to find all sorts of delectable treats inside.
The first Kilwins in the Grand Strand is open every day from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and can be reached at 843-545-9467. The store also has its own page under facebook.com/myrtlebeachkilwins for fans to interact with and learn about potential specials. Visiting the company’s website, kilwins.com, will also provide more information on their history and products.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
▪ The Beef Jerky Outlet also opened up a location in Broadway, across from Margaritaville. This franchise growing in popularity doesn’t have just dried meat, although there is that in spades, including game and salmon jerky. The store has a plethora of other snacks, from spicy to sweet, and even some jams and rubs.
You can call the new Beef Jerky Outlet at 843-205-3224 or stop by between 10 a.m.-9 p.m. any day of the week. The Grand Strand locations, including Broadway’s, share a website with the West Virginia locations under wv.beefjerkyoutlet.com that will help guests get an idea of what to expect at this meat-lovers paradise.
▪ For those who enjoy a good sandwich, Pawleys Island just got their own Jimmy John’s who celebrated its opening on April 26. Although this franchise is indeed loved for their sandwiches, the company is also well known for fast deliveries, good service, and each restaurant’s dedication to the community.
This third addition of Jimmy John’s in the Grand Strand is owned and run by locals who in turn support local businesses. The team has been working hard to prepare themselves for the high level of efficiency the company expects from each franchise. So if you’re in the South Strand, drop by 10185 Oceans Highway near Publix for some fast and fresh food.
Jimmy John’s is open every day from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., with delivery services for customers within a five-mile radius starting at 11 a.m. Call 843-979-3278 to talk to a member of this new team for more information, or visit jimmyjohns.com.
▪ Shiki Sushi in Murrells Inlet celebrated their opening in The Shoppes at Tournament Boulevard center a few weeks ago. This new addition provides not only an impressive selection of sushi rolls but also appetizers, hibachi meals, noodle dishes, tempura, teriyaki, and bento boxes.
The new restaurant’s prices certainly seem within range of expected sushi places, with the more expensive meals being the bento boxes that come with a multitude of sides. Shiki does also offer lunch specials and desserts so with so many options even guests that aren’t wildly in love with sushi should find plenty to eat.
Shiki’s address is 11907 S.C. 707 and can be reached at 843-651-9188. They do have a page under facebook.com/shiki-sushi-murrells-inlet and seem to also be working on an individual online domain. To try some of their sushi, visit Monday through Friday between 11 a.m. and 10 p.m., or on Saturday when they’re open an hour later. Shiki also opens at noon on Sunday.