Special events at churches
, 1-3 p.m. at Celebration Presbyterian Church, 2300 Carolina Forest Blvd., Carolina Forest. Register at 12:45 p.m. on site. 903-0308 orwww.celebrationpresbyterianchurch.org
• Brad Thompson, on classical guitar in “Arts at the Church” series, 3 p.m. at Trinity Presbyterian Church, 2061 Glenns Bay Road, west of Surfside Beach. Free. 750-0344.
• N.C. Baroque Orchestra Chamber Players, 4 p.m. at Trinity Church, 3000 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach. $15 adults, $12 students and seniors, and free ages 12 and younger. Free child care, and meals afterward from cookbooks printed in London between 1600 and 1750. 448-8426 or www.trinitymyrtlebeach.org.
Plays take final bow
• Murrells Inlet Community Theatre’s“Love Allways,”
2 p.m. at Murrells Inlet Community Center, 4450 Murrells Inlet Road, beside Murrells Inlet Presbyterian Church. $12. 651-4152 ormictheatre.com
• Stagestruck Players’“Godspell Jr.,”
3 p.m. at Brunswick Little Theatre, 8068 River Road SE, Southport, N.C. $17 adults, $12 students with ID, and $6 ages 12 and younger. 910-447-2586 orwww.brunswicklittletheatre.com
Watch ‘Rear Window’
See Alfred Hitchcock’s “Rear Window,” with James Stewart and Grace Kelly, on the silver screen. Details at 839-3225 or www.cinemark.com.
Details | 2 and 7 p.m. (also, same times on Wednesday) at Cinemark at Coastal Grand mall, off Seaboard Street in Myrtle Beach, at regular movie prices.
Art abounds in museum
Visit Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum, 3100 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, open 1-4 pm. Sundays and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays (238-2510 or www.myrtlebeachartmuseum.org), for free and see:
• “Kathleen Elliot: Imaginary Botanicals,” with about 25 flameworked glass sculptures, and “The Mapmakers’ Art: The Bishop Collection of Antique Maps: 1608-1863,” through April 12.
• “Voices of the Island: The Cuban Art Collection of Reynier Llanes,” with works by 18 Cuban artists; “Swim: An Artist’s Journey,” paintings by Georgetown native Charles Williams; and “Laurie Blum: My Inner Garden,” with gouache paintings, all through April 23.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeachOnline.com/kicks.