Movie, dance at rec hall
The Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane, near Farrow Parkway and The Market Common, has two special events on this day:
• A free movie at 3 p.m. for adults and seniors, “Mom’s Night Out,” rated PG and starring Sarah Drew, Sean Astin and singer Trace Adkins. Details at 918-2380.
• Social dance, 7-10 p.m., with music by DJs Jack and Rosalie Drust; other dates on Feb. 13 and 27, and March 27, each $7. 570-655-1558 or firstname.lastname@example.org
VFW serves dinner
A baked ham dinner will be served as Carl Bronson performs music. Reservations required at 399-0877.
Details | 6 p.m. at Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10804, 111 S.C. 57 N., Little River, across from Bell & Bell auto dealership, for $10.
Improv lights up stage
The Carolina Improv Company presents two shows this weekend, both at 7:30 p.m.: “Why Chromosome,” for adults only, on Friday, and “Whose Beach Is It Anyway,” for families, on Saturday. Details at 272-4242 or www.carolinaimprov.com.
Details | at Uptown Theater, by Bass Pro Shops in Myrtle Beach Mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres, each $12.75 advance online or $14 at door.
Grady at Cabana
Eric Grady will perform at 8 and 10:15 p.m. daily through Saturday, with Cooter Douglas opening. Details at 449-4242 or comedycabana.com.
Details | at Comedy Cabana, 9588 N. Kings Highway, just north of Myrtle Beach, for $15 or $17.50.
Shows go outer worldly
Blast off with this schedule of Sky Theater dome shows into late May. Details at 910-575-0033 or www.museumplanetarium.org:
• Both days – “Dinosaur Passage to Pangaea” at noon, and “Sea Monsters: A Prehistoric Adventure” 1 p.m.
• Fridays only – “Back to the Moon for Good” 2 p.m., and “Seven Wonders” 3 p.m.
• Saturdays only – Two Small Pieces of Glass” 2 p.m., and “Oasis in Space” 3 p.m.
Details | at Ingram Planetarium, 7625 High Market St., Sunset Beach, N.C., open 11:30 a.m. Fridays-Saturdays. Per show: $9 ages 13-61, $8 ages 62 and older, $7 ages 3-12, and free ages 2 and younger.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeachOnline.com/kicks.