Bluegrass festival opens
The 45th annual S.C. State Bluegrass Festival opens for three days through Saturday, with this schedule for Thanksgiving: The Gentlemen of Bluegrass at noon and 3:50 p.m., Spinney Brothers 12:45 and 5:30 p.m., The Marksmen 1:30 and 6:15 p.m., Crowe Brothers 2:15 and 7 p.m., Russell Moore & IIIrd Tyme Out 3 and 7:45 p.m., and Ralph Stanley & the Clinch Mountain Boys 8:30-10 p.m. Details at 706-864-7203 or www.adamsbluegrass.com.
Details | at Myrtle Beach Convention Center, Oak Street at 21st Avenue North (918-1225). Tickets daily are $40 general admission and $45 reserved seating for ages 16 and older, or $90 and $95, respectively, for a three-day pass; $20/$25 daily for ages 7-15, or $45/$50 for three-day pass; free for anyone 6 or younger with paying parents; and $3 parking daily, but free for vehicles with handicap designation.
State parks open daily
Both area state parks are open every day of the year, including Thanksgiving, 6 a.m.-8 p.m., for walks, bicycling and nature and bird watching. Details at www.southcarolinaparks.com.:
• Myrtle Beach State Park, on U.S. 17 Business, at south city limits, with nature center (238-0874) open 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. on this holiday; 238-5325 orwww.myrtlebeachsp.com
• Huntington Beach State Park, on U.S. 17 between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, across from Brookgreen Gardens; call 237-4440.
Details | Same admission for each park: $5 ages 16 and older, $3.25 S.C. seniors, $3 ages 6-15.
Lace up for skating
Work off any big Thanksgiving meal with some exercise, skating on:
• Wheels: 4-9 p.m. at Fun Warehouse, 2349 Dick Pond Road (S.C. 544), near Surfside Beach, a half-mile east of U.S. 17 Bypass. Admission and skate rental apply. 748-0302 orwww.funwarehousemb.com
• Ice: 6 p.m.-midnight inside Myrtle Beach Mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres, for $10 per two-hour session, including skate rental. 315-8323, 272-4040, ext. 102, orwww.shopmyrtlebeachmall.com
Shows play on holiday
Several house shows serve up shows on Thanksgiving, each with various prices:
• Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament, 5 p.m. in Fantasy Harbour, 2904 Fantasy Way, close to U.S. 501 and George Bishop Parkway, just west of Myrtle Beach and the Intracoastal Waterway. 236-4635, 800-436-4386 orwww.medievaltimes.com/myrtlebeach.aspx
• Dolly Parton’s “Christmas at Pirates Voyage Fun, Feast & Adventure,” 6 p.m., on U.S. 17 Bypass, near northern junction of U.S. 17 Business in Myrtle Beach. 497-9700, 800-433-4401 orwww.piratesvoyage.com
• “Christmas with the Rat Pack & Special Guest Marilyn Monroe,” 7 p.m. at Legends in Concert, 2925 Hollywood Drive, Myrtle Beach, at U.S. 17 Bypass and 29th Avenue North, next to Planet Hollywood, across from Broadway at the Beach. 238-7827, 800-960-7469 orwww.legendsinconcert.com
• “The South’s Grandest Christmas Show,” 7:30 p.m. at Alabama Theatre, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. 272-1111, 800-342-2262 orwww.alabama-theatre.com
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeachOnline.com/kicks.