Various special events
• Finale of “Discover the Dinosaurs” walk-through exhibit, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. at Myrtle Beach Convention Center, Oak Street and 21st Avenue North. $19 ages 13-59, $17 ages 2-12 and ages 65 and older, and add $4 for ages 2-12 to have unlimited rides, inflatables and miniature golf. 651-766-2800 orwww.discoverthedinosaurs.com.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
• Fundraiser for Braveheart, a German shepherd, 1-4 p.m. at Grand Strand Humane Society, 3241 Mr. Joe White Ave. Ext., Myrtle Beach, west of U.S. 17 Bypass. 918-4910 orwww.grandstrandhumanesociety.com
• “An Afternoon Tea with the Sugar Plum Fairy,” 1 and 4 p.m. at Coastal Dance Centre, 3070 DeVille St., Myrtle Beach, at The Market Common. $15, with reservations. 839-5678 orwww.cybt.org
• “Thanks for Giving” day, 1-5 p.m. at Children’s Museum of South Carolina, 2501 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach, also accessible from Oak Street: One free admission ($8 ages 2 and older) with the donation of each nonperishable food item for Sea Haven organization. 946-9469 orwww.cmsckids.org
• “Alleluia! It’s Christmas” concert by Serendipity Singers, 3 p.m. at Trinity Presbyterian Church, 2061 Glenns Bay Road, west of Surfside Beach. Free. 357-2561 orwww.serendipitysingersofsc.com
State park programs
Choose from two nature programs on Sundays this month. Details at 238-0874 or www.myrtlebeachsp.com:
• “Garbage Monster Story Time,” for ages 4-8, 2-2:30 p.m. Sundays. Inspiration for youngsters to learn about the ease of recycling.
• “‘Sea’ What’s on the Menu,” 3:30-3:40 p.m. Sundays. See feeding of fish in saltwater tanks.
Details | at Myrtle Beach State Park Nature Center, on U.S. 17 Business, 1 mile south of Ocean Boulevard/Farrow Parkway; free with park admission: $5 ages 16 and older, $3.25 S.C. seniors and $3 ages 6-15. Annual passes $75 or $99. Park open 6 a.m.-8 p.m. daily.
Drive through Shadrack’s
The fourth annual “Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland” drive-through light display continues nightly through Jan. 4. Details at 888-321-7547 or shadrackchristmas.com.
Details | 6-10 p.m. at Pelicans Ballpark, on Robert Grissom Parkway in Myrtle Beach, just south of 21st Avenue North, for $25.50 car or family van, $40 activity or mini-/half-bus, $50 limousine and $5 person in a tour/school bus; extra fees for other activities in Santa’s Village.
Three sites in wax museum
The Hollywood Wax Museum Entertainment Center comprises the Hollywood Wax Museum, Outbreak: Dread the Undead and Hannah’s Maze of Mirrors. Details at 444-0091 or www.hollywoodwaxmyrtlebeach.com.
Details | Open 9 a.m. daily at 1808 21st Ave. N. Ext., Myrtle Beach, at U.S. 17 Bypass, next to Broadway Grand Prix, with various price options, and always free for ages 3 and younger.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeachOnline.com/kicks.