A host of events, both holiday-themed and otherwise, take place this weekend across the Myrtle Beach area. Take your pick!
• Music and Oysters Fest, 5-10 p.m. Friday and noon-10 p.m. Saturday at Crafty Beer, 1125 Third Ave., Conway, including music by Jeff Thomas Band and Southern Blue. 438-8330 or craftyrooster.com.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
• Tour of five Georgetown County churches and demos of their organs, 9 a.m. Saturday from Prince George Winyah Episcopal Church, 708 Highmarket St., Georgetown. Email
• Myrtle Beach Car Club cruise-in, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday at Grand Strand Corvette Show, at Camping Connection, 1756 U.S. Business 17 N., Surfside Beach, near Old Time Pottery. Free. 742-9802.
• Sweetgrass Basketmaking Class Saturday with Vera Manigault of Mount Pleasant, 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., and sale 2-3:30 p.m., at North Myrtle Beach Area Historical Museum, 799 Second Ave. N. Class $65 members, otherwise $75. 427-7668.
• 10th annual St. Nicholas BBQ Fest, benefiting local charities, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday in Conway Riverfront Park, including conclusion of annual S.C. Barbeque Association “War Between the States” (N.C.-S.C.) competition, with sampling at 11:30 a.m. ($10 wristband for 10 samplings). 855-492-8626 orwww.stnicholasbbqfest.com
• Third annual Fall Festival, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday at
Seaside Elementary School, 1605 Woodland Drive, Garden City Beach, west of U.S. 17 Business, a half-mile south of Surfside Beach town line, benefiting school’s safety, fine arts, enrichment, reading initiatives and other programs. Free. 650-3490, 458-8740 orsse.horrycountyschools.net/pages/Seaside_Elementary
• Hot Rod Promotions’ inaugural monthly “Cruising Aynor” afternoon to drive, park and dine, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, covering 14 blocks of Aynor, also with four restaurants selling meals. From U.S. 501: Follow Seventh Avenue to Aynor Town Park. Free. 503-8245.
• Myrtle Beach Harley Club Poker Run for Heartland Hospice Memorial Fund, 11 a.m. Saturday from Beaver Bar, on U.S. 17 in Murrells Inlet, with party afterward at Acme Bar & Grill, 3340 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet, in Inlet Crossing Center, east of Inlet Square. 444-0813 orwww.heartlandhospice.com
• 14th annual “Ride for the Animals – Poker Run,” benefiting Humane Society of North Myrtle Beach, Saturday (rain date: Nov. 22), at Myrtle Beach Harley-Davidson, 4002 U.S. 17 S., North Myrtle Beach (249-4948). $20 advance with form fromwww.humanesocietynmb.org
, or $25 on site on event day, 10 a.m.-noon. 201-401-5114.
• Kickoff for 12th annual weeklong “Marathon for Meals,” noon Saturday, as Scott Mann of WYAV-FM “Wave” 104.1 lives in a recreational vehicle until 6 p.m. Nov. 21 at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach to collect nonperishable food and basic hygiene donations for Helping Hand and the Community Kitchen, both of Myrtle Beach. Opening day includes music from 11 bands, as well as mascots, stilt walkers, hula-hoopers, face painters and magicians.www.wave104.com
• “WineStock,” noon-5 p.m. Saturday, including music by Yasgur Farm and Party Favor bands, at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. $8. Bring two canned/dry good items for area food banks and receive $3 off admission. 399-9463 orlabelleamie.com
• Annual Free Throw Contest by Our Lady of the Rosary Knights of Columbus Council 9039, for ages 9-14, 12:45-3 p.m. Saturday at Shallotte Middle School, Shallotte, N.C. Free. 910-287-1785 or 910-754-3825.
• “Atalaya Sleepover,” Saturday into Sunday morning, at Huntington Beach State Park, on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach. $50 ages 16 and older, $30 ages 7-15 and free ages 6 and younger. Registration ends 5 p.m. Friday. 237-4440, email firstname.lastname@example.org orwww.southcarolinaparks.com/huntingtonbeach
• Grand Strand Beach Social Dancers dance, with music by Karen and Carl, 7-10 p.m. Saturday at Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. $7. 903-3765.
• Dinner benefit for Christian Haitian American Partnership, for education and nutrition programs, 6:30-9 p.m. next Thursday at the Original Benjamin’s Calabash Seafood, 9593 N. Kings Highway, just north of Myrtle Beach. $75, including buffet dinner, one beverage and silent auction. 248-2536 orwww.chaphaiti.org