Special events in overdrive
• “Crafting by the Sea,” 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Church, 1100 Eighth Ave. N., North Myrtle Beach, at U.S. 17. Free. 390-0281.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• National Sculpture Society 81st annual Awards Exhibition finale, 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. at Brookgreen Gardens, on U.S. 17 between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, across from Huntington Beach State Park. Free with gardens admission, which lasts seven days: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12. 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or
• American Legion Riders, Chapter 178 of Murrells Inlet, in Bill Stewart Memorial Poker Run, register 10 a.m.-noon at The Beaver Bar, on north end of U.S. 17 Business in Murrells Inlet, in benefit for Blue Star Mothers for 2014 Wreaths Across America event Dec. 13 at Florence National Cemetery. 907-9183.
• “Art in the Park,” 10 a.m.-4 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Chapin Park, at Kings Highway and 14th Avenue North (and Nov. 8-9 in city’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common). Free. 446-3830 or
• Myrtle Beach Gun and Knife Show, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at Myrtle Beach Convention Center, at Oak Street and 21st Avenue North. $8 ages 13 and older, and free for ages 13 and younger with paying adult. 540-953-0016, 888-715-0606 orwww.cegunshows.com
• Waccamaw Indian People’s Arts Festival & Pauwau, at tribal grounds, 591 Bluewater Road, Aynor, west off U.S. 501, with daily ceremonies opening 11 a.m. with grand entry 2 p.m. Sunday. $6 ages 15-59, $3 ages 7-14 and 60 and older, and free ages 6 and younger. 358-6877 orwaccamawindians.us
• 19th annual “Souper Supper” benefit, noon-3 p.m. at Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway at The Market Common. Advance online: $10 adults, $5 children, with about $1 processing fee plus tax; or at gate: $12 and $7, respectively. 283-2407 orwww.myrtlebeachacf.com
• Short readings by Acting Readers Theatre Group, 3 p.m. at Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. Free. 626-3991 or 497-7752.
• All Saints Day Evensong, at Trinity Episcopal Church, 3000 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach, with an organ recital at 4 p.m. by Ashley Sosis, and evensong 4:30 by the St. Augustine Choir, and light reception afterward. Free. 448-8426.
Plays nearing their end
• Swamp Fox Players’ “Little Shop of Horrors, finale 2:30 p.m. at Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown, for $18. 527-2924 orwww.swampfoxplayers.com
• Theatre of the Republic’s “Young Frankenstein,” finale 3 p.m. at Main Street Theatre, 335 Main St., Conway, for $23. 488-0821 orwww.theatreoftherepublic.com
• Atlantic Stage’s “Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde,” at 79th Avenue Theatre, at Coastal Carolina University’s Myrtle Beach Education Center, U.S. 17 Bypass: 3 p.m. Sundays, through Nov. 9, and 7:30 p.m. next Thursday-Saturday. $27.50 general; $22.50 seniors (ages 55 and older)/educators/military; $17.50 students, including Osher Lifelong Learning Institute members; and $12.50 side section seats. 877-287-8587 orwww.atlanticstage.com
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeachOnline.com/kicks.