Halloween winding down
These Halloween attractions reach their final day:
• Nightmare Haunted House, open at noon at 1001 N. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, $12 ages 13 and older, otherwise $8. 626-0022 orwww.beachscream.com
• Ripley’s Carnival of Screams, open 4 p.m. at 915 N. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, $14.99 ages 12 and older, and $9.99 ages 6-11. Also, half off for Horry County residents with ID. 448-2331.
• Socastee High School’s “Zombie Zone,” 6-10 p.m. on River Road, off Socastee Boulevard (S.C. 707), between Socastee high and elementary schools. $5. 293-9041, 457-2110 or
• “Dr. Scream’s Haunted Mansion,” open 7 p.m. at 5033 Dick Pond Road, Socastee, in the Bargain Warehouse building, across from Dollar General/Bi-Lo area, $15. 748-0855 or drscreams.com
• “Terror Under the Bridge,” open 7 p.m. at The X Sports Mall, 568 George Bishop Parkway, between U.S. 17 Bypass and U.S. 501, just west of Myrtle Beach. $10. 446-2822 orterrorunderthebridge.com
• “Fright Nights on the Boardwalk” finale, with “Zombie Elvis” concerts by David Chaney of Myrtle Beach (www.davidchaneymusic.com
), 7-7:45 and 9-9:45 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, at Mr. Joe White Avenue and North Ocean Boulevard. Free.myrtlebeachdowntown.com
Special events voluminous
• Rummage sale by ladies guild, 7 a.m.-1 p.m. at St. James Catholic Church, 1701 Academy Drive, Conway, off U.S. 501. 903-4043.
• The Color Run 5k 2014 Kaleidoscope Tour, 8 a.m. at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach. $45 individual, or $40 each in team of four. thecolorrun.com/myrtle-beach/2014-11-01/#ad-image-image1.
• Georgetown County Library community yard sale, 8 a.m.-noon, in judicial center parking lot, at Dozier and Church (U.S. 17) streets. 545-3300.
• Arts & Crafts Fair, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. in Village at Calabash Clubhouse, off Thomasboro Road, between U.S. 17 and downtown Calabash, N.C. Free. 910-579-7262.
• “Crafting by the Sea,” 8 a.m.-6:30 p.m. (and 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Sunday) at Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Church, 1100 Eighth Ave. N., North Myrtle Beach, at U.S. 17. Free. 390-0281.
• Fall Festival, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at Bridgewater Academy charter school, 191 River Landing Blvd., just west of Myrtle Beach, off Waccamaw Boulevard and U.S. 501, near Intracoastal Waterway. Free. 236-3689 orbridgewateracademy.org
• Myrtle Beach Gun and Knife Show, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday) at Myrtle Beach Convention Center, at Oak Street and 21st Avenue North. $8 ages 13 and older, and free for ages 13 and younger with paying adult. 540-953-0016, 888-715-0606 orwww.cegunshows.com
• “Art in the Park,” 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday-Sunday in Myrtle Beach’s Chapin Park, at Kings Highway and 14th Avenue North (and Nov. 8-9 in city’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common). Free. 446-3830 orwww.artsyparksy.com
• Cruise-ins, free: by Myrtle Beach Car Club (742-9802), 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Aroma’s Pizza, 10799 S.C. 707, in Burgess community; and Hot Rod Promotions (503-8245), 1-4 p.m. at Tee Box Tavern, 4620 Dick Pond Road (S.C. 544), Socastee.
• Annual “Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead)” free family day, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum, 3100 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, rain or shine. 238-2510 orwww.myrtlebeachartmuseum.org
• Waccamaw Indian People’s Arts Festival & Pauwau, Saturday-Sunday, at tribal grounds, 591 Bluewater Road, Aynor, west off U.S. 501, with daily ceremonies opening 11 a.m. daily with grand entries 1 and 6 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday. $6 ages 15-59, $3 ages 7-14 and 60 and older, and free ages 6 and younger. 358-6877 orwaccamawindians.us
• “Taste of Georgetown” benefit, 12:30-3:30 p.m. on Front Street in Georgetown, and in Francis Marion Park, at Front and Broad streets. Free admission; food tickets are $1 each, or 23 for $20. 546-3926 orwww.tasteofgeorgetownsc.com
• Tidewater Artisans Holiday Show benefit, 1-4 p.m. at Tidewater Plantation and Golf Club, in North Myrtle Beach, off Little River Neck Road. Free. 280-4709.
• Ground Zero concert, for high school students, 6 p.m. with Michael Jr. and KJ-52, at Ground Zero, a ministry to teens, based at 904 Chester St., Myrtle Beach. $10. 945-9440 orwww.mygroundzero.com
• Voce Angeli concert in Disney theme, 7 p.m. at Church of the Resurrection, 8901 U.S. 17 Bypass S., west of Surfside Beach. $5 adults, $3 children. 215-4500.
Christmas shows kick off
Two theaters kick off their Christmas house shows for two months. Prices vary by site:
• “The Carolina Opry Christmas Special,” 7 p.m. at Calvin Gilmore Theatre, on U.S. 17 Business, near northern junction of U.S. 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach. Also, Santa arrives by hot-air balloon at 4:30 p.m. for Children’s Miracle Network fundraiser, including balloon rides (weather permitting) and photos with Santa for $10 and $5 respective donations. 913-4000 orwww.thecarolinaopry.com
• “The South’s Grandest Christmas Show,” 7:30 p.m. at Alabama Theatre, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. 272-1111 orwww.alabama-theatre.com
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeachOnline.com/kicks.