Celebrate Halloween early
• Fall Fest, including costume party, storytelling for children, 4 p.m. at Horry County Memorial Library Little River branch, 107 S.C. 57 N., in back of Ralph Ellis County Building. Also, book sale 9:30 a.m.-noon this Friday. 399-5541 orwww.hcml.org
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
• “Pre-Halloween Family Fun Night,” 4 p.m. Thursday at Georgetown County Library main branch, 405 Cleland St., Georgetown. Free. 545-3300 orgeorgetowncountylibrary.sc.gov
• Carolina Improv Company’s “Whose Haunting Is It Anyway?” 7:30 p.m. (adult show on Friday) at Uptown Theater, by Bass Pro Shops in Myrtle Beach Mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres. $12.75 advance online or $14 at door. Also,w
ear a costume and receive a ticket for a future show. 272-4242 orwww.carolinaimprov.com
• Theatre of the Republic’s “Young Frankenstein,” Mel Brooks’ new musical, in final weekend, at Main Street Theatre, 335 Main St., Conway: 7:30 p.m. Thursday-Saturday and 3 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, for $23. 488-0821 orwww.theatreoftherepublic.com
• Atlantic Stage’s “Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde,” at 79th Avenue Theatre, at Coastal Carolina University’s Myrtle Beach Education Center, U.S. 17 Bypass: 7:30 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays and 3 p.m. Sundays, through Nov. 9. $27.50 general; $22.50 seniors (ages 55 and older)/educators/military; $17.50 students, including Osher Lifelong Learning Institute members; and $12.50 side-section seats. 877-287-8587 orwww.atlanticstage.com
‘Anaconda’ on silver screen
See “RiffTrax Live: Anaconda” on the silver screen. Details at 839-3225 or www.cinemark.com.
Details | 7:30 p.m. at Cinemark at Coastal Grand mall, off Seaboard Street in Myrtle Beach, for $12.50 adult, $11.50 senior and $10.50 child.
‘Beach’s Best Comic’
The “Beach’s Best Comic” contest continues with weekly rounds through Nov. 6, with $5 admission, and finals Nov. 13, for $10. Details at 839-2565 or www.carolinacomedyclub.com.
Details | 7 p.m. at Carolina Comedy Club, at Broadway at the Beach’s Celebrity Square, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach.
Last chance for shows
Two shows wrap up their autumn run, before shifting into a Christmas mode next week:
• “Hot Jersey Nights,” at Palace Theatre, at U.S. 17 Bypass and 21st Avenue North at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach: 2 and 7:30 p.m., for $29.95 ages 13 and older, and $9.95 ages 3-12. 448-0588 orwww.palacemb.com
• At Legends in Concert, on U.S. 17 Bypass, off 29th Avenue North, across from Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach and next to Planet Hollywood: tribute artists for Adele, the Blues Brothers, Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley and Barry White. 8 p.m., for various prices. 238-7827, 800-960-7469 orwww.legendsinconcert.com
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeachOnline.com/kicks.