The Sun News now has a new, simpler way for you to enter and search for events.
Now all you have to do to enter your event is provide an email address, rather than creating a separate account and registering.
Events entered into the calendar appear in print in The Weekly Surge on Thursdays and in Kicks! on Fridays and are searchable online 24/7.
Here’s a quick step-by-step guide on how to use the new submit events form. If you have any questions, call Lisa Urban at 626-0300.
• Go to events.myrtlebeachonline.com.
• Click on the button on the right-hand side near the top “ADD EVENT”
• Begin entering in event details. REQUIRED INFORMATION includes email address; event title; a publishable phone number, prices; dates and times of event.
The event name should not be the business name – this should the band, DJ, or specific name of the event.
If admission to your event is free, type in free or no cover.
If your event doesn’t have an end time, leave that field blank.
When entering in an event location, you can search for a venue that might already be in our system by typing in the venue name in the search bar and hit Search for Venue. A list of possible venues will appear below that you can choose from, or you can add a new venue by clicking on the Add Venue button. To add a venue, just enter in the name of the venue, address and phone number and hit Add Venue.
If all required information is not completed, your event will not be listed and you will get an error message.
• Click “Review Details.”
• Review the details of your event closely for accuracy. You have the option to change the details or submit the event.
• After you hit “Submit Event” you have the option to add an image to your event listing. You can upload a JPG or a GIF image using the upload button.