Play at Atlantic Stage
Atlantic Stage opens its seventh season with “Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde,” 7:30 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays and 3 p.m. Sundays through Nov. 9. Details at 877-287-8587 or www.atlanticstage.com.
Details | at 79th Avenue Theatre, at Coastal Carolina University’s Myrtle Beach Education Center, U.S. 17 Bypass. $27.50 general admission; $22.50 seniors (ages 55 and older)/educators/military; $17.50 students, including Osher Lifelong Learning Institute members; and $12.50 side section seats. Also, 2014-15 subscription/flex-pass packages: four tickets for $100 adult, $80 senior/educator/military and $65 student; and eight tickets for $200, $160 and $120, respectively.
Bass, pool shows at CCU
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Two major shows play out at Coastal Carolina University, on the main campus, accessed from U.S. 501 and S.C. 544 in Conway. Details at 349-2787 or www.coastal.edu/culturalarts:
• “Bass Extremes” concert with Steve Bailey, a CCU artist in residence, and Victor Wooten on bass, Derico Watson on drums and other artists such as Matt White on trumpet, 7:30 p.m. in Wheelwright Auditorium, for $15 or $20.
• “Metamorphoses,” a pool-based play, 7:30 p.m. Thursday-Saturday and Oct. 22-25, and 3 p.m. Oct. 25, in Edwards Theatre, in Edwards College of Humanities and Fine Arts. $15.
Special events plentiful
• “Cruisin’ the Beach” Car Show benefit, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Thursday-Saturday at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach. Free for spectators. 423-623-2723 orwww.cruisinthebeach.com
• 19th annual Masters National ProMiniGolf Championship, Thursday-Saturday at Hawaiian Rumble Golf, 3210 U.S. 17 S., North Myrtle Beach. Free for spectators. 458-2585, 272-7812 orprominigolf.com
• “Doggies and Divas Fashion Show” benefit, 5:30-9 p.m. at Spanish Galleon, in OD Beach & Golf Resort, 100 North Ocean Blvd., North Myrtle Beach. $25 advance, $30 at door. 273-0623, 249-4948 orwww.humanesocietynmb.org
• In lead-up to 35th annual Loris Bog-Off Festival, which is Saturday, a carnival opens 5 p.m. Thursday-Friday, and 9 a.m. Saturday, in grass lot at Meeting and Casey streets; ride, game fees apply. 756-6030 orwww.lorischambersc.com
• Ziggy Marley concert, 8 p.m. at House of Blues, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. $35 or $58.50. 272-3000 orwww.hob.com/myrtlebeach
• Final weekend for “Dollhouse,” 8 p.m. Thursday-Saturday and 3 p.m. Saturday-Sunday at Stage Left Theatre Company, 3064 DeVille St., Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common, Myrtle Beach, between Nevers and Lewis streets, $18, or $15 for military or students. 232-0339 orwww.stagelefttheatremb.com
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeachOnline.com/kicks.