Play at Atlantic Stage
Atlantic Stage opens its seventh season with “Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde,” 7:30 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays and 3 p.m. Sundays through Nov. 9. Details at 877-287-8587 or www.atlanticstage.com.
Details | at 79th Avenue Theatre, at Coastal Carolina University’s Myrtle Beach Education Center, U.S. 17 Bypass. $27.50 general admission; $22.50 seniors (ages 55 and older)/educators/military; $17.50 students, including Osher Lifelong Learning Institute members; and $12.50 side section seats. Also, 2014-15 subscription/flex-pass packages: four tickets for $100 adult, $80 senior/educator/military and $65 student; and eight tickets for $200, $160 and $120, respectively.
Bass, pool shows at CCU
Two major shows play out at Coastal Carolina University, on the main campus, accessed from U.S. 501 and S.C. 544 in Conway. Details at 349-2787 or www.coastal.edu/culturalarts:
• “Bass Extremes” concert with Steve Bailey, a CCU artist in residence, and Victor Wooten on bass, Derico Watson on drums and other artists such as Matt White on trumpet, 7:30 p.m. in Wheelwright Auditorium, for $15 or $20.
• “Metamorphoses,” a pool-based play, 7:30 p.m. Thursday-Saturday and Oct. 22-25, and 3 p.m. Oct. 25, in Edwards Theatre, in Edwards College of Humanities and Fine Arts. $15.
Special events plentiful
• “Cruisin’ the Beach” Car Show benefit, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Thursday-Saturday at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach. Free for spectators. 423-623-2723 orwww.cruisinthebeach.com
• 19th annual Masters National ProMiniGolf Championship, Thursday-Saturday at Hawaiian Rumble Golf, 3210 U.S. 17 S., North Myrtle Beach. Free for spectators. 458-2585, 272-7812 orprominigolf.com
• “Doggies and Divas Fashion Show” benefit, 5:30-9 p.m. at Spanish Galleon, in OD Beach & Golf Resort, 100 North Ocean Blvd., North Myrtle Beach. $25 advance, $30 at door. 273-0623, 249-4948 orwww.humanesocietynmb.org
• In lead-up to 35th annual Loris Bog-Off Festival, which is Saturday, a carnival opens 5 p.m. Thursday-Friday, and 9 a.m. Saturday, in grass lot at Meeting and Casey streets; ride, game fees apply. 756-6030 orwww.lorischambersc.com
• Ziggy Marley concert, 8 p.m. at House of Blues, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. $35 or $58.50. 272-3000 orwww.hob.com/myrtlebeach
• Final weekend for “Dollhouse,” 8 p.m. Thursday-Saturday and 3 p.m. Saturday-Sunday at Stage Left Theatre Company, 3064 DeVille St., Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common, Myrtle Beach, between Nevers and Lewis streets, $18, or $15 for military or students. 232-0339 orwww.stagelefttheatremb.com
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeachOnline.com/kicks.