Aquarium marks heritage
At Hispanic Heritage Day, daily feedings, activities such as dive shows (10:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.), and animal feedings (11 a.m. and 3 p.m.) also will be presented in Spanish. Details at 910-458-7468 or www.ncaquariums.com/fort-fisher.
Details | Open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at N.C. Aquarium at Fort Fisher, on U.S. 421, just south of Kure Beach, and free with admission: $10.95 ages 13-61, $9.95 seniors and military, and $8.95 ages 3-12.
Gullah lecture at libary
Tracey L. Weldon, a University of South Carolina professor, will speak on “The Place of Gullah in the African-American Language Continuum: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives.” Details at 545-3300.
Details | 2-4:30 p.m. at Georgetown County Library, 405 Cleland St., Georgetown, free.
‘Dr. Strangelove’ in series
A “Classic Film Series” continues – with screenings at 2 p.m. Sundays and 2 and 7 p.m. Wednesdays – this week with “Dr. Strangelove” from 1964. Details at 839-3225 or www.cinemark.com.
Details | at Cinemark at Coastal Grand mall, off Seaboard Street in Myrtle Beach, for regular movie prices.
Some other special events
• All-Day Mahjong Tournament by Temple Emanu-El of Myrtle Beach, 10 a.m. at Grand Strand Senior Center. 215-4306.
• Final day of “Classic Images: Photography by Ansel Adams,” 1-4 p.m. at Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum, 3100 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach. Free. 238-2510 orwww.myrtlebeachartmuseum.org
• Hot Rod Promotions cruise-in, 1-4 p.m. at Cheesesteak U, 1315 U.S. 501 Business, Conway, next to Oliver’s Restaurant. Free. 503-8245.
• Myrtle Beach Orchid Society meeting, 2:30 p.m. at Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. Bring plants for display or for problem solving. 236-2221 or 910-579-7089.
• Conway native Rodney Ward, organist, in concert, 3 p.m. at First Baptist Church, 603 Elm St., Conway. Free. 248-4067.
• August Wilson’s “Fences” play, 7 p.m. in Conway High School Auditorium. $15 advance, $20 at door.www.mdgpproductions.com
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeachOnline.com/kicks.