Special outings abound
• Pawleys Island Festival of Music & Art opening event: second annual “Seaside Palette,” 8 a.m.-2 p.m. in downtown Georgetown, and wet paint sale and reception, 3-5 p.m. on lawn of Kaminski House Museum, 1003 Front St. (546-7706 or kaminskimuseum.org); free admission (rain dates: Sept. 26-27). 626-8911 orwww.pawleysmusic.com
• Autumn Art & Wine Festival, noon-6 p.m. at House of Blues, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. Free. 272-3000 orwww.hob.com/myrtlebeach
• Grand Strand Shriners Parade, 9 a.m., southward on Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach, between 12th and 29th avenues South.www.southatlanticsa.org
• Harvest Hoe-Down Festival, Aynor Town Park, off U.S. 501, with parade at 10 a.m., music 11 a.m.-6 p.m. and street dance 7-10 p.m. Free. 358-1074 orwww.aynorharvesthoedown.org
• “Respect Ride,” group bicycle ride, 10 a.m. on Ocean Boulevard from Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, at 11th Avenue North, for about 6 miles round-trip to 55th Avenue North. Free. 918-1050 andwww.myrtlebeachcycling.com
• “Constitution Commemoration Day” by Theodosia Burr Chapter National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, 10 a.m. at First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. Free. 267-2518.
• “Remembering Myrtle Beach: A Local History Series,” with Robin Able Chapman, 11 a.m. at Myrtle Beach’s Chapin Memorial Library, 400 14th Ave. N. at Kings Highway. Free. 918-1282 orwww.chapinlibrary.org
• “Mac N’ Cheese Bake-Off” by Crady’s Eclectic Cuisine of Conway, benefiting a scholarship at Horry-Georgetown Technical College Culinary Arts Program, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at Fourth Avenue and Main Street in downtown Conway. $1 per 2-ounce serving. 248-3321 orwww.cradys.com
• “Super Wine Saturday,” noon-6 p.m. La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School, including Laidback Larry concert 1-5 p.m. Free. 399-9463 or labelleamie.com.
• “Taste of Home Cooking School,” with Michelle Roberts, 2 p.m. at St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church hall, at U.S. 17 Bypass and 33rd Avenue North Extension in Myrtle Beach. $15.www.tasteofhome.com/cooking-schools
• John Fowler “Traditional Music” program, 2 p.m. at Horry County Museum (open 9 a.m.-5 p.m.), 805 Main St., Conway. Free. 915-5320 or www.horrycountymuseum.org.
• Rivertown Bluegrass Society concert – with Dyer Switch Bluegrass Band at 5 and 7:20 p.m., and Palmetto Blue 6 and 8:20 p.m. – at Horry-Georgetown Technical College’s Burroughs & Chapin Auditorium, off U.S. 501 in Conway. $12 ages 12 and older, otherwise free. 457-2854 orwww.rivertownbluegrasssociety.com
• “The Case of the Frozen Saints” murder mystery dinner theater, 6 p.m. at First Baptist Church Surfside Beach, 711 16th Ave. N. $10. 238-0206.
• “Flip-Flop Ball,” Children’s Museum of South Carolina, in Myrtle Beach, 6-10 p.m. Saturday at Bandito’s Restaurant & Cantina, 1402 N. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach. $60. 946-9469 ormbflipflopball.org
• Grand Strand Beach Social Dancers, season kickoff dance, with music from DJs Rosalie and Jack Drust, 7-10 p.m. Saturday at Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. $7. 903-3765.
Kenny Rogers, 7 p.m. at Alabama Theatre, at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. $53.95, $59.95 or $69.95. 272-1111 or www.alabama-theatre.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeachOnline.com/kicks.