Solo exhibit at CCU
The “Herb Reith: Solo Exhibition” continues 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays and 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Fridays through Aug. 7. Details at 349-6454 – call to arrange up-close parking for anyone with a disability or mobility matter – or www.coastal.edu/bryanartgallery.
Details | at Coastal Carolina University’s Rebecca Randall Bryan Art Gallery, in Edwards College of Humanities and Fine Arts, on main campus in Conway, for free.
Two movies for free
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
See a movie for free in two proximate Myrtle Beach sites near The Market Common:
• For adults and seniors: “Anchorman 2,” starring Will Ferrell, Steve Carell and Paul Rudd, and rated PG-13, 3 p.m. in Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane. Details at 918-2380.
• “Honey, I Shrunk The Kids,” from 1989, at dusk, about 9 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway. 839-3500 orwww.marketcommonmb.com
Various concerts outside
Choose from these weekly Friday concert series, all free:
• “Wine Down Friday,” 1-5 p.m. with local entertainers, at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River. Details at 399-9463 orwww.labelleamie.com
• The Embers featuring Craig Woolard, 6:30 p.m. in parking lot of Museum of Coastal Carolina, 21 E. Second St. (910-579-1016). Details at 910-253-2031 orwww.brunswickcountync.gov
• “Nashville Fridays,” 9 p.m. with Ricky Young, at The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., along the Intracoastal Waterway, just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to Clarion Hotel. 903-2628 orwww.boathousemb.com
Also, monthly “Sounds of Summer,” 7-9 p.m. on third Friday monthly at North Myrtle Beach Park & Sports Complex, at S.C. 90 and Robert Edge Parkway, on this evening with the Pam Taylor Band. 280-5570, ext. 1, or parks.nmb.us/Page.aspx?id=18.
Pancakes for charity
The Surfside Beach Police Department will help serve a pancake supper to benefit Special Olympics South Carolina (so-sc.org). Details at 913-6368.
Details | 4-8 p.m. at The Golden Egg, 415 U.S. 17 Business N., Surfside Beach, for $7.
‘Hairspray’ on stage
The Swamp Fox Players continue performances of “Hairspray,” at 8 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays, and on July 24, and 2:30 p.m. Sundays. Details at 527-2924 or www.swampfoxplayers.com.
Details | at Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown, for $18.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach