‘Despicable Me’ in series
The “Summer Kids Series,” with a different family movie at 10 a.m. every Thursday, continues with “Despicable Me.” Details at 272-6598 or www.carmike.com/Events/Category/8.
Details | at Carmike Cinemas 12 at Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S.17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres, for $4, including a small popcorn and small beverage.
History program at bridge
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
The Old Bridge Preservation Society, in Brunswick County, presents “Family Fun Nights” 5-7 p.m. Thursdays, on this evening with an “If Bridges Could Talk” history program. Details at 910-363-6586 or oldbridgepreservationsociety.org.
Details | 5-7 p.m. at at Old Swing Bridge, 109 Shoreline Drive W., Sunset Beach, N.C., for free.
Brookgreen open later
“Cool Summer Evenings” continue, with extended hours Wednesdays-Fridays through Aug. 8, including on Thursdays: “Up Close at the Zoo,” 5 p.m., this time with “Masters of Camouflage,” as well as live performances of classic stories and nursery rhymes at 6 p.m. in Enchanted Storybook Forest, and “A Child’s Frontier Life” creek cruises, 5, 6 and 7 p.m., for an extra $8 ages 13 and older, and $4 ages 4-12. Details at 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org.
Details | 5-9 p.m. at Brookgreen Gardens (open 9:30 a.m. daily), on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach; free with admission, which lasts seven days: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12.
Various free concerts, movie
Choose from these free outdoor concert series:
• “Music on Main,” with The Holiday Band, 7-9 p.m. at North Myrtle Beach’s Horseshoe, at Main Street and Ocean Boulevard. 280-5570, ext. 1, orparks.nmb.us/Page.aspx?id=11
• “Music on the Green,” with Tracy Thompson and the Denny Hess Trio, 7-10 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common. 839-3500 orww.marketcommonmb.com
• “Hot Summer Nights,” with Crashbox, 8-11 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, at Mr. Joe White Avenue and North Ocean Boulevard.ww.myrtlebeachdowntown.com
• Summer jazz series with Night Flight featuring Michael James and Bernie Kenerson, 1:30-5:30 p.m. at Hammock Shops Village, on U.S. 17 in Pawleys Island. 237-8448 orwww.thehammockshops.com
• Movie outside, “Frozen,” at dusk in Rourk Gardens, on Main Street in Shallotte, N.C., across from Jerome’s Steak & Seafood.|910-253-2031
Live music at HOB
Hip Kitty hits the outdoor stage daily through Saturday at the House of Blues, on The Deck, followed by a Barcadi Bikini fashion show. Details at 272-3000 or www.hob.com/myrtlebeach.
Details | 7-11 p.m at House of Blues, at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach, for free.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach