Three movies for free
See a movie for free in two proximate Myrtle Beach sites near The Market Common:
• For adults and seniors: “Delivery Man,” starring Vince Vaughn and rated PG-13, 3 p.m. in Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane. Details at 918-2380.
• “Toy Story,” from 1995, at dusk, about 9 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway. 839-3500 orwww.marketcommonmb.com
Also, “Tosca” opera, 2 p.m. at Horry County Memorial Library Surfside Beach branch, 410 Surfside Drive. 205-5280 or www.hcml.org.
Join Strand Cinema
The Strand Cinema group begins a final weekend of movies until at least August: “Nicky’s Family” – from 2011 and about a Briton who coordinated the rescue of 669 Czech and Slovak children just before the outbreak of World War II – at 2:30 p.m. (and 7 p.m. Saturday), and “The Invisible Woman” (2013), 7 p.m. (and 2:30 p.m. Saturday). Details at 527-2924 or www.strandcinema.org.
Details | at Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown; each $5 for members, otherwise $7.
Go outside for concerts
• “TGI Wine Friday,” with music 1-5 p.m. by Joan Burton, and vineyard tour 2:30 p.m., at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. Free. 399-9463 orwww.labelleamie.com
• “Cool Summer Evenings – Concerts on the Lawn,” 5-9 p.m. with the Paul Grimshaw Band at Brookgreen Gardens (open 9:30 a.m. daily), on U.S. 17 between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach. $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12. Details at 235-6000, 800-849-1931 orwww.brookgreen.org
• The Fantastic Shakers, 6:30 p.m. in parking lot of Museum of Coastal Carolina, 21 E. Second St., Ocean Isle Beach (910-579-1016). Free. 910-253-2031 orwww.brunswickcountync.gov
• Michael Ray, 9 p.m. at The Boathouse Waterway Bar and Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to Clarion Hotel. 903-2628 orwww.boathousemb.com
• Orphan Annie, 7-11 p.m., The Deck at The House of Blues, 4640 U.S. 17 S., North Myrtle Beach. Free. 913-3704 or www.houseofblues.com.
Entertainers at Broadway
The fourth annual “Coca-Cola Summer Nights” of summer entertainment is set through August: comedy juggler Bryan Dangerous 7 and 9 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays; Mr. Nigel, an interactive musical entertainer from Charlotte, 6-8 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays, with free face painting for children in that time; and Maddie Hunt, a singer-songwriter-pianist, 7 and 8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Also, fireworks at 10 p.m. Tuesdays, and through Aug. 15, also 10 p.m. Fridays. Details at 444-3200, 800-386-4662 or www.broadwayatthebeach.com.
Details | at Broadway at the Beach, bordered by U.S. 17 Bypass, Grissom Parkway and 21st and 29th avenues North in Myrtle Beach, for free.
Splash ‘Live After Five’
The “Live After Five” series includes entertainment every Friday night through Aug. 22, with extended hours until 9 p.m. Details at 238-3787 or www.wild-water.com.
Details | 5-9 p.m. at Wild Water & Wheels, 910 U.S. Business S., Surfside Beach, for $9.95 plus tax; park opens 10 a.m. daily, with all-day rates available.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach