‘The Croods’ in movie series
The “Summer Kids Series,” with a different family movie at 10 a.m. every Thursday, continues with “The Croods.” Details at 272-6598 or www.carmike.com/Events/Category/8.
Details | at Carmike Cinemas 12 at Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S.17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres, for $4, including a small popcorn and small beverage.
Jewelry sale helps cats
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
Bikini Beach Cat Rescue, a nonprofit organization, will have a jewelry fundraiser benefit, with more than 200 pieces on display. Details at 302-438-2740 or email@example.com.
Details | 5:30-9 p.m. at Hanser House Restaurant, 14360 Ocean Highway (U.S. 17), Litchfield Beach.
Taylor Michaels sings
Catch “The Taylor Michaels Show,” a Las Vegas-style lounge act with musical orchestration/accompanist Vicki Michaels. Details at 252-268-6136 or thetaylormichaelsshow.com, and the host site: 233-8500 or www.traviniaitaliankitchen.com).
Details | 7-10 p.m. for diners at Travinia Italian Kitchen, 4011 DeVille St., at The Market Common in Myrtle Beach.
Concerts in three places
Catch a free concert in any of three sites:
• The Pantastic Steel Drums, 6:30 p.m. in Calabash Town Park, 868 Persimmon Road. Details at 910-253-2031 or www.brunswickcountync.gov.
• The Big Time Party Band in “Music on Main” series, 7-9 p.m. in North Myrtle Beach’s Horseshoe, at Main Street and Ocean Boulevard. Details at 280-5570, ext. 1, or ww.parks.nmb.us/Page.aspx?id=11.
• The Mulch Brothers in the Oceanfront Merchants Association’s “Hot Summer Nights,” 8-11 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, at Mr. Joe White Avenue and North Ocean Boulevard.www.myrtlebeachdowntown.com
Two troupes on stage
Two community troupes’ season finale plays continue:
• Theatre of the Republic’s“The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas,” with shows at 7:30 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays, and 3 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays through July 6, for $21. Details at 488-0821 or www.theatreoftherepublic.com.
• “The Fantasticks” in final weekend: 8 p.m. Thursday-Saturday and 3 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, at Stage Left Theatre Company, 3064 DeVille St., Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common, between Nevers and Lewis streets, for $15. 232-0339 orwww.stagelefttheatremb.com
‘Madagascar 2’ in park
Surfside Beach presents “Movies After Dark“ on Thursdays (except July 3) for another summer, on this night with “Madagascar 2.” Details at 650-9548 or www.surfsidebeach.org.
Details | 9 p.m. in the town‘s Martin Field, at Dogwood Drive and Sixth Avenue South, for free.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach