‘Epic’ leads off series
The “Summer Kids Series,” with a different family movie at 10 a.m. every Thursday, opens with “Epic.” Details at 272-6598 or www.carmike.com/Events/Category/8.
Details | at Carmike Cinemas 12 at Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S.17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres, for $4, including a small popcorn and small beverage.
Cookout at youth club
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
Join a “Community Cookout,” with food and music, to see the redesign of the Boys & Girls Club of the Grand Strand’s “The Club Teen Center,” where club members ages 5-18 gather to participate in after-school and summer day camp programs. Details at 712-1977.
Details | 1-3 p.m. at 1404 Carver St., Myrtle Beach.
Quintet of concerts
Choose from five concerts, four of which are outdoors and free:
• Summer jazz series with Night Flight featuring Michael James and Bernie Kenerson, 4-8 p.m. Thursdays (and 1-5 p.m. Sundays) through July at Hammock Shops Village, on U.S. 17 in Pawleys Island. 237-8448 orwww.thehammockshops.com
• “Music on Main,” 7-9 p.m., with The Attractions, in North Myrtle Beach’s Horseshoe, at Main Street and Ocean Boulevard. 280-5570, ext. 1, orparks.nmb.us/Page.aspx?id=11
• “Music on the Green,” with the Austin Mowery Band, 7-10 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common. 839-3500 orwww.marketcommonmb.com
• “Hot Summer Nights,” with Groove Fetish, 8-11 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, at Mr. Joe White Avenue and North Ocean Boulevard.ww.myrtlebeachdowntown.com
• Lake Junalusta Singers, 7:30 p.m. in First United Methodist Church, 1001 Fifth Ave., Conway, for $10 adults, otherwise free. 488-4251.
Island Fest in Litchfield
The third annual Island Fest, by Rotary Club of Pawleys Island, benefiting Alzheimer’s research, will include a concert by the Latitude “trop-rock” duo of Pawleys Island (www.latitudemusic.net), dancing, and children’s activities such as hula and limbo contests. 457-3325 or 907-1878.
Details | 5-9 p.m. on front lawn of Hampton Inn, at Ocean Highway (U.S. 17) and Willbrook Boulevard in Litchfield Beach, for $10 advance or $15 at gate for ages 16 and older, and free ages 15 and younger with adult.
‘Movies After Dark’
Surfside Beach has summer “Movies After Dark” on Thursdays (except July 3), on this night with “Rookie of the Year.” Details at 650-9548 or www.surfsidebeach.org.
Details | 9 p.m. in the town’s Martin Field, at Dogwood Drive and Sixth Avenue South, for free.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach