Dance class starts
Join a line dance class for four Wednesdays through July 9; no partner is needed. Register with Wanda York at 910-575-6575. More details at www.countrylinedancing.com.
Details | 1:15-2:15 p.m. at Silver Coast Winery, 6680 Barbeque Road, Ocean Isle Beach, N.C., for $20 for all four sessions.
Authors sign books
• Peter B. Cannon of Wilmington, author of “Second Arc of the Great Circle,” 2-4 p.m. at Pelican Bookstore, 1780-10B Chandlers Lane, Sunset Beach, N.C. Details at 910-579-8770 or pelicanbookstore.com.
• Howie Thompson, author of “Double Shot,” 2:30 p.m. in Horry County Memorial Library Little River branch, 107 S.C. 57 N. 399-5541 orwww.hcml.org
Jazz group entertains
“Cool Summer Evenings” continue, with extended hours Wednesdays-Fridays through Aug. 8, including “Music Under the Oaks” on Wednesdays, with Javier Jazz Project, with trumpeter Javier Vega, on this night. Details at 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org.
Details | 5-9 p.m. at Brookgreen Gardens (open 9:30 a.m. daily), on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach; free with admission, which lasts seven days: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12.
Catch a concert
• “Make A Wave” charity concert by youth group Distraction for Myrtle Beach-based Surf Dreams Foundation (www.surfdreamsfoundation.org)
, 6-10 p.m. at Mellow Mushroom, 1571 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach (444-1122). Details at 304-952-6647.
• Weekly outdoor concert, on this night with Jim Quick & Coastline, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Sunset Beach Village Park gazebo, on Queen Anne Street, for free.www.sunsetbeachconcerts.com
Comedy options vary
Local comedic slates include:
• Carolina Improv Company’s “Whose Beach Is It Anyway?” 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays in June in Uptown Theater, at Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, for $12.75 advance online, or $14 at door. Details at 272-4242 orwww.carolinaimprov.com
• Sean Kent from “A&E’s “Modern Dads,” 8 p.m. daily through Saturday (also 10 p.m. Friday-Saturday) at Carolina Comedy Club, at Broadway at the Beach’s Celebrity Square, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach. $15. Details at 839-2565 orwww.carolinacomedyclub.com
Movie at Myrtle Waves
“Dive-In Movie Nights” roll on Wednesdays through Aug. 13 with screenings at dusk, weather permitting, on this evening with “Despicable Me 2.” Park opens 10 a.m. daily. Details at 913-9260 or www.myrtlewaves.com.
Details | at Myrtle Waves Water Park, at Mr. Joe White Avenue North Extension and at U.S. 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach. Special general admission after 4 p.m. for $11.99 plus tax, and all-day rates also available.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach