Slew of special events
Choose from a bevy of special outings:
• Yard and bake sale fundraiser for Waccamaw Animal Rescue Mission, of Conway, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. (and 1-4 p.m. Sunday) at Carolina Forest Storage, 4761 U.S. 501, behind Carolina Forest Flea Market. Details at 902-2456, 347-6583 orwww.warmfarms.org
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
• “Calabash Plein Aire – Wet Paint Day,” 9 a.m., for all artists – amateur and professional – and students in grades 3-12, at Jewelry By Wendy – Beach House Fine Arts Gallery, 10152 Beach Drive, Unit 6, Calabash. Registration is $20, including lunch, for adults, free for students. Also, the public is invited to visit gallery at 3 p.m. for a “Wet Paint Sale.” 910-575-0024 or www.jewelrybywendy.com/CalabashPleinArtDay.html.
• Myrtle Beach Corvette Club’s 19th annual “Corvettes at Myrtle Beach’ Show, benefiting several local charities, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at Broadway at the Beach, off 21st Avenue North in Myrtle Beach. Details at 294-0127 orwww.myrtlebeachcorvetteclub.com
• Art Festival 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday-Sunday at Brookgreen Gardens, on U.S. 17 between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, across from Huntington Beach State Park. Free with park admission, which lasts seven days: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12. Details at 235-6000, 800-849-1931 orwww.brookgreen.org
• Greek Bazaar” benefit, 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, including Hot Rod Promotions’ cruise-in noon-4 p.m Saturday (503-8245), at St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church hall, 3301 33rd Ave. Ext. N., Myrtle Beach, at U.S. 17 Bypass. $1 admission. 448-3773 orwww.stjohn-mb
• “Remembering Myrtle Beach: A Local History Series,” with guest speaker, 11 a.m. at Myrtle Beach’s Chapin Memorial Library, 400 14th Ave. N., at Kings Highway. Free. 918-1282 orwww.chapinlibrary.org
• “American Pie Oldies Music Fest,” noon-6 p.m., including music noon-5 p.m. by The Party Favor Band, and Shamalama, at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. $8, and bring two canned/dry food items for local food banks for $2 discount. 399-9463 orwww.labelleamie.com
• “Southport’s in Bloom” garden tour, by Downtown Southport Inc. and the Southport Garden Club, 1-5 p.m. (rain date: Sunday), covering nine sites, including Southport’s new Community Garden. Tickets $10, available at Fort Johnston-Southport Museum and Visitor Center, 203 E. Bay St.; Ricky Evans Gallery, 211 N. Howe St.; and in the hospitality tent, on Saturday only, at the first garden stop, Lois Jane’s Riverview Inn, 106 W. Bay St. 910 279-4616 orwww.downtownsouthport.org
• C4W Explosive Wrestling “A Night of Miracles,” benefiting the Grand Strand Miracle Leagues (which helps people with disabilities play baseball at James C. Benton Miracle League Field, on 33rd Avenue North, behind Myrtle Beach’s Pepper Geddings Recreation Center, 3205 N. Oak St. – 448-7712 orwww.grandstrandmiracleleague.com
), 7 p.m. (preshow at 6 p.m.) at X Sports Gym Mall, 568 George Bishop Parkway (236-0009), just west of Myrtle Beach, between U.S. 501 and U.S. 17 Bypass. Scheduled guests include Steve Corino, Jesse Neal, Shannon Moore, and C4W’s Mason Myles Elliott, Mikal Mosley and Shady the Clown. $10-$20. 437-6984.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach