Slate of special events
Special events today include concerts, cruise-ins, cheerleaders, and Elvis tribute artists.
• “Paws Parade,” in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common. Registration 10 a.m., for $15 per dog, or $10 each for two or more, benefiting Grand Strand Humane Society of Myrtle Beach (918-4910 orwww.grandstrandhumanesociety.com)
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
. 839-3500 or
• Cruise-ins, both free, by Myrtle Beach Car Club (742-9802), 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Texas Road House, 3037 U.S. 17 Business S. Garden City Beach; and by Hot Rod Promotions (503-8245), 1-4 p.m. at Tee Box Tavern, 4620 Dick Pond Road (S.C. 544), Socastee.
• James “Bonecrusher” Smith, former world boxing heavyweight champion, speaking about “The Do Right” Challenge, 11 a.m. at Horry County Memorial Library North Myrtle Beach branch, 910 First Ave. S. Free. 915-5281 orwww.hcml.org
• Jazz concert by Stephanie Trick-Alderighi, pianist, for Help A Veteran, a nonprofit organization assisting veterans with special needs, and Veterans Welcome Home and Resource Center of Little River (427-4568 orwww.veteranswelcomehomeandresourcecenter.org
), 1-4 p.m. at Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. $15 individual, or two for $25. 222-0718.
• “Wines of the World: A Midsummer Night’s Dream,” for Litchfield Ballet Foundation, 5:30-8:30 p.m. at Litchfield Dance Arts Academy, 97 Otis Drive, Litchfield Beach. $30. 237-7465 orwww.litchfielddance.com
• “Meet-and-Greet Block Party” with Carolina Panthers’ TopCats cheerleaders, 6-8 p.m. at Dolce Lusso Salon and Spa, 3050 Howard Ave., Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common, at Nevers Street, across from Valor Memorial Garden. Free. 839-2655 or dolcelusso.com, andwww.panthers.com
• The Backsliders, in dinner concert for South by Southeast, helping music programs in local schools. Doors open 6 p.m., show at 7, at Myrtle Beach Train Depot, 851 Broadway St., Myrtle Beach. $20 advance atwww.southbysoutheast.org
, or $25 at door. 251-6402.
• “Great Gatsby Gala,” for Georgetown Hospital System Foundation, 7 p.m. at Pawleys Plantation Golf & Country Club, 70 Tanglewood Drive, Pawleys Island, off U.S. 17. $125. 652-8080 orwww.georgetownhospitalsystem.org.
• “Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist” Myrtle Beach preliminary contest, 7 p.m. at Legends in Concert, at 29th Avenue North and U.S. Bypass. $37.95 or $42.95 ages 17 and older, and $13.95 or $18.95 ages 3-16; booth $48.95 and $23.95, respectively per age group; and VIP $45.95 for all. 238-7827, 800-960-7469 orwww.legendsinconcert.com
• Allie DeBerry, from Disney Channel’s “A.N.T. Farm” series, in meet-and-greet session, 7-9 p.m., during Myrtle Beach Pelicans-Carolina Mudcats game (first pitch 7:05 p.m.) at Pelicans Ballpark, 1251 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach, at Grissom Parkway. Game tickets $9-$12. 918-6000, 877-918-8499 orwww.myrtlebeachpelicans.com
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach