No shortage of special events
• “Mayfest on Main,” 10 a.m.-6 p.m. on Main Street in North Myrtle Beach, including concerts by Blue Monday at noon, Ross Coppley 2 p.m., and “Legends of Surf Music,” with original Beach Boys Al Jardine and David Marks, and Dean Torrence, with Surf City Allstars 4 p.m. Free. 280-5570 or parks.nmb.us.
• “Back to Summer Car and Truck Show” benefit by Myrtle Beach Car Club, registration 9 a.m.-noon for $20, and judging at 3 p.m., near Hard Rock Cafe, at Broadway at the Beach, at U.S. 17 Bypass and 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach. 742-9802.
• Horry County Museum’s grand opening celebration, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., at 805 Main St., Conway. Free. 915-5320 orwww.horrycountymuseum.org
• March of Dimes’ “March for Babies,” three miles, 9:30 a.m. (register 8:30 a.m.), at Broadway at the Beach. 488-3463.
• Barefoot Wines Beach Rescue Project cleanup, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at Withers Swash Park, off Third Avenue South in Myrtle Beach. beachrescue2014.com.
• David Maring, signing copies of “Jefferson Davis: Before he Wore Confederate Gray,” 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at Clock Tower Books, 105 Screven St., Georgetown. 546-8212.
• “Saturday Music & Cookout,” noon-5 p.m. at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. Free. 399-9463 orwww.labelleamie.com
• Family Fashion Show and Luncheon, benefiting Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Carolinas and St. John Philoptochos Scholarship Fund, 12:30 p.m. at St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church hall, 3301 33rd Ave. Ext. N., Myrtle Beach, at U.S. 17 Bypass. $30 ages 11 and older, $10 ages 2-10, and free ages 2 and younger. 449-9684, 798-2117 orwww.stjohn-mb.org/ministries/philoptochos/fashionshow.htm
• Met Opera’s “La Ceneretola” live, 12:55 p.m. at Cinemark at Coastal Grand mall, off Seaboard Street in Myrtle Beach. $24 adult, $22 senior and $16 child. 839-3225 orwww.cinemark.com
• Goffinet McLaren, signing copies of “Tom: A Life Saved – Lives Lost!” 1-3 p.m. at Warehouse Book Store, 10804 Kings Road, north of Myrtle Beach. 449-0016.
• Carolina Master Chorale “The Glory Of Gershwin” concert, with Adrienne Danrich, soprano, and Lawrence Craig, baritone, 4 p.m. at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 710 Main St., Conway. $25 ages 13 and older, $10 students 25 and younger with ID. 444-5774 orwww.carolinamasterchorale.com
• “Makai Luau,” benefiting Surfrider Foundation Grand Strand Chapter, 6-10 p.m. at Hot Fish Club, 4911 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. $30 individual or $55 couple. 333-2034 orwww.surfridergrandstrand.org
• Pawleys Pavilion Reunion, benefiting Habitat for Humanity of Georgetown County, with The Tams in concert, 6 p.m. at Pawleys Nature Park, on North Causeway in Pawleys Island. Ages 13 and older: $30 advance, $35 at site; $10 ages 3-12; and free ages 2 and younger. 546-5685, ext. 6, orwww.habitatgeorgetown.com/events.html
• Mother’s Day dance by USA Dance Inc. Grand Strand Chapter 6024, 7-10 p.m. at Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane, near The Market Common. $7 members, otherwise $9. 808-3397 orwww.usadancegrandstrand.org
• “Grace Unplugged,” a musical drama, in annual “Free Movie Night Under the Stars,” 7 p.m. outside Church of the Resurrection, 8901 U.S. 17 Bypass, west of Surfside Beach, after a service. Bring canned foods for Help 4 Kids. 215-4500.
• Judas Priestess, a New York-based, all-women quintet tribute band to Judas Priest, 9 p.m. at Hard Rock Cafe, at Broadway at the Beach, at U.S. 17 and 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach (946-0007 orwww.hardrock.com/myrtlebeach
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach