Easter outings abundant
• Saturday-Sunday at Bass Pro Shops, at Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres: Photos with Easter Bunny – 11 a.m.-4 p.m.; egg hunts for ages 2-10, 2-3 p.m.; and children’s crafts 1-4 p.m., while supplies last. Free. 361-4800 orwww.basspro.com
• Meals with bunny, 8-10 a.m. at Ripley’s Aquarium, at Broadway at the Beach, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach, for $19.95 plus tax and gratuity – reservations at 916-0888, ext. 3226; 9-10:30 a.m. at Hard Rock Café at Broadway at the Beach, at 29th Avenue North and U.S. 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach, for $9.95 ages 3 and older, otherwise free – 946-0007, ext 208; and 9-11 a.m. or 1-3 p.m. at Children’s Museum of South Carolina, 2501 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach, for $12 – 946-9469.
• Easter egg hunts, all free, 10 a.m. at North Myrtle Beach’s McLean Park, 93 Oak Drive, west of Main Street, 280-5584; 10 a.m. at Beck Recreation Center, 2030 Church St., Georgetown, 545-3275; 2-3 p.m. in Surfside Beach’s Huckabee Complex, on Glenns Bay Road, west of town, 650-9548; and 3 p.m. in Hammock Shops Village, on U.S. 17 in Pawleys Island. 237-8448.
• “Easter at the Old Bridge,” noon-2 p.m. at Old Sunset Beach Swing Bridge, 109 Shoreline Drive W., Sunset Beach, N.C., for free. 910-579-9021.
• “Easter Eggstream,” noon-4 p.m. in center court at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach. Free. Also, fireworks 9 p.m. 444-3200.
• Easter concert with gospel “oldies” style Elvis music, 7-9:30 p.m. in Rivers Auditorium, 3520 Pampas Drive, Myrtle Beach, at Howard Avenue. No cover, but donations requested for Christian Mission Outreach. 424-9124.
Special events plentiful
• Waccamaw Riverkeeper cleanup, with public asked to help: 9 a.m. at Conway Marina. Bring boats, kayaks, canoes if you have them, but they are not necessary. 349-4007 orwww.winyahrivers.org
• Car shows/cruise-ins by Myrtle Beach Corvette Club (294-0127), 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at Lowes Foods, 111 Pavilion Drive, Little River, benefiting Canine Angels and Veterans Welcome Home and Resource Center; Myrtle Beach Car Club (742-9802) 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at Lakewood Camping Resort Conference Center, 5901 U.S. 17 Business S., between Myrtle Beach and Surfside Beach, north of S.C. 544 – registration opens 9 a.m.; and Hot Rod Promotions (503-8245), 1-4 p.m. at Tee Box Tavern, 4620 Dick Pond Road, Socastee.
• Annual “Family Day,” 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Museum of Coastal Carolina, 21 E. Second St., Ocean Isle Beach, N.C., with free admission for Brunswick County residents with ID, otherwise $2. 910-579-1016 orwww.museumplanetarium.org
• Southport Spring Festival final day, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at Franklin Square Park in downtown Southport, N.C. including chili cook-off contest 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Free. 910-279-4616,www.downtownsouthport.org
• Earth Day Music Fest 11 a.m.-6 p.m., with expo in Conway Riverfront Park.www.earthdaymusicfest.com
• “Beer, BlueGrass and BBQ” festival, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden , on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common, with music by Barefoot Movement 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Grasstowne 1:30-3 p.m., Sawgrass 3:30-5, and Ronnie Bowman 5:30-7. Free admission.www.myrtlebeachbeerfest.com
• Spring Mardi Gras Fest, noon-5 p.m. at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River. $8; also, bring two canned/dry food items for area food banks for $3 discount. Also, charity silent auction noon-4 p.m. for Waccamaw Animal Rescue Mission (902-2456 or www.warmfarms.org). 399-9463 orwww.labelleamie.com
Rivertown Bluegrass Society concert, with Slope Valley at 5 and 7:20 p.m., and Oliver West and 39 Express 6 and 8:20 p.m., at Horry-Georgetown Technical College Burroughs & Chapin Auditorium, off U.S. 501 in Conway. $12 ages 13 and older. 457-2854 or www.rivertownbluegrasssociety.com.
• “Great Expectations” exhibit reception, 6-8 p.m. at Seacoast Artists Gallery (open noon-8 p.m.), 3032 Nevers St., Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common. 232-7009 orwww.seacoastartistsguild.com
• CD pre-release party for Power Born Rebellion, 9 p.m.-1 a.m. at Surfside Live, 803 U.S. 17 Business S., Surfside Beach. No cover. 945-9000 orwww.surfsideliverocks.com
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach