Shows at planetarium
Catch a Sky Theater dome show Fridays-Saturdays through May 17: “Undiscovered Worlds” at noon, “Astronaut” 1 p.m., “Dynamic Earth” 2 p.m., and “Seven Wonders” 3 p.m., each with a live star show afterward. Also on this day, join a “Star Party” at 6 p.m. (rain date Saturday), to gaze at the night sky and learn how to identify stars, constellations, and planets, with telescopes and binoculars available to borrow. Details at 910-575-0033 or museumplanetarium.org.
Details | at Ingram Planetarium, 625 High Market St., Sunset Beach, N.C.; per show/program: $8 ages 13-61, $7 ages 62 and older, $6 ages 3-12, and free ages 2 and younger.
Three movies for free
Adults are invited to catch a movie for free in two Myrtle Beach city sites:
• “Crash,” a three-time Oscar winner from 2004, at 1:30 p.m. in Chapin Memorial Library, 400 14th Ave. N., at Kings Highway. Obtain admission ticket from front desk. Details at 918-1275 orwww.chapinlibrary.org
• “Parkland,” starring Paul Giamatti and Billy Bob Thornton, and rated PG-13, 3 p.m. in Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane, near Farrow Parkway and The Market Common. 918-2380.
• Also, “Friday Night at the Movies” Classic Film Festival finale, “42nd Street” (1933), with host David Zinman, at 7 p.m. at Georgetown County Library Waccamaw Neck branch, 24 Commerce Lane, Pawleys Island, west of U.S. 17, behind Pastaria 811, for free. 545-3623.
Join Strand Cinema
The Strand Cinema group begins a new weekend of movies: “Departures” at 2:30 p.m. and “The Book Thief” 7 p.m., and on Saturday: “All is Lost” 2:30 p.m. and “Inside Llewyn Davis” 7 p.m. Details at 527-2924 or www.strandcinema.org.
Details | at Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown; each $5 for members, otherwise $7.
Club doubles up
Choose from two comedy shows through Saturday at Carolina Comedy Club, at Broadway at the Beach’s Celebrity Square, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach. Details at 839-2565 or www.carolinacomedyclub.com.
• “The Magic of Carl Michael, 6 p.m., for $19.95 ages 13 and older, otherwise $9.95.
• B.T., 8 and 10 p.m., for $15.
Weekly senior dance
The city of Myrtle Beach continues weekly senior dances. DJs Jack and Rosalie Drust will coordinate the tunes for this evening and on April 4. Details at 918-2381 or www.cityofmyrtlebeach.com, and at 570-881-0244 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Details | 7-10 p.m. at Myrtle Beach’s Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Drive, near The Market Common, for $7.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach